Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
They hardly deserve any fans after their incredible crappy updates and lost features in PowerDVD 8 & 9 (like non working codecs and splitters - they have even disabled DVD playback in WMP and other players). This is totally unusable.
Worst thing ever released from CyberLink. Far from the great PDVD4.
Cyberlink product after PowerDVD 4 have been just crap and their support is even crappier. ArcSoft, here I come!
Quote: I had the same problem with Avast antivirus and the upgrade 2521.
Avast tells me it has 2 Trojan viruses, and I had to uninstall the entire program, as it would not work.
Now I have NO program and have been waiting 4 days for the support ticket to be answered.
Still NO reply and NO program.
My previous PowerDVD 8 Ultra (build:2021) [Full Verison] was working just fine, until I made the terrible mistake of trying to upgrade to 2521. It seems like the support group doesn't like to answer tickets that speak critical of their program.
It is terrible that I can't even get a download link for my previous version.!!!
Does any know if build 2217 would work with DVD Ultra 8 ?
Yup. It does work.
Very similar problem with Avast!. It think that newest build is virus infested, with build 2217a everything works just fine, no virus alerts or anything. Also, H.264 codec is not broken (their MP4 splitter is not working as it was in PowerDVD 7 and that annoys me, now it doesn't work in other programs).
Quote: I made the mistake of down loading the latest upgrade 2521, and now have NO player at all!!
During the installation my Avast antivirus detected two Win 32 Trojan viruses from this download.
This was a direct download from Cyberlink's download page.
This is a total outrage!!!
Needless to say I had to do a complete uninstall. Now I don't have my previous version which was working just fine, and all my settings are gone as well.
I had a hell of a time getting my audio to work using a SPDIF optical connection to my Creative SB X-Fi Titanium sound card.
I was only getting intermittent Dolby Digital and DTS playback.
Took me a long time to tweak the settings to get this to work properly.
Now I have to start all over again.

This upgrade process totally SUCKS!!
Avast did not pick up anything when I installed this but when it actually tries to use those files Avast blocks them and that makes using some features impossible. This so sucks, worst update ever. Even their MP4 splitter is worse and does not work as well as in PowerDVD 7. I can't watch (or listen) any MP4 video or audio (aac, m4a, mp4).
MP4 splitter seems to be broken (never able to play MP4 files outside PowerDVD), H.264 codec (and others too) does not register. Also Avast! reports that some files are infected by virus. Currently I use the 2217a build because H.264 codec works outside PowerDVD but MP4 splitter doesn't, which sucks. I'm starting to think that this upgrade was a mistake, H.264 and MP4 splitter worked fine in PowerDVD 7. I buy TotalMedia Theater next time if Cyberlink does not fix these problems.
Go to: