Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Major conflict with Power DVD8 Ultra and Trend Micro PCN virus program
Susan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 16:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Shortly after downloading the Power DVD8 Ultra (which worked beautifully) I started getting warning pop ups from My Trend Micro PCN Internet security 14 that the Cyberlink Power DVD program had the virus Crypt OPET. I called Trend Micro and they said they had very hypervigilant virus codes and they were working with Power DVD program to fix the problem and there was no virus threat at all with the program. They "fixed it" so the pop up would stop coming up every 15 seconds the computer was on (very annoying) What they did made no difference in the Pop ups but paralysed my Power DVD programs where it would give an error message saying it had to close but nothing else. Since I bought the back up disk, I uninstalled Cyberlink Power DVD and tried to reinstall it. Micro PCN would not let it be installed at all saying it had the virus. My Micro PCN Internet Security is paid until 2011 but it was so annoying and when I called them back they offered to fix it giving me the same "we are working with cyberlink on it". I decided that too much time was spent on this and dumped my Trend PCN protection and the remaining paid time and downloaded Norton 360 which works great and let me reinstall the Cyberlink Power DVD without any problem and it works great.
So pretty much if you are running Trend Micro PCN (which comes with DELL computers) you will have problems with the Power DVD.
Tup3x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 15:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Very similar problem with Avast!. It think that newest build is virus infested, with build 2217a everything works just fine, no virus alerts or anything. Also, H.264 codec is not broken (their MP4 splitter is not working as it was in PowerDVD 7 and that annoys me, now it doesn't work in other programs).
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem with Avast antivirus and the upgrade 2521.
Avast tells me it has 2 Trojan viruses, and I had to uninstall the entire program, as it would not work.
Now I have NO program and have been waiting 4 days for the support ticket to be answered.
Still NO reply and NO program.
My previous PowerDVD 8 Ultra (build:2021) [Full Verison] was working just fine, until I made the terrible mistake of trying to upgrade to 2521. It seems like the support group doesn't like to answer tickets that speak critical of their program.
It is terrible that I can't even get a download link for my previous version.!!!
Does any know if build 2217 would work with DVD Ultra 8 ?
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please see my comment.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5693.page#23039
Tup3x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 15:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I had the same problem with Avast antivirus and the upgrade 2521.
Avast tells me it has 2 Trojan viruses, and I had to uninstall the entire program, as it would not work.
Now I have NO program and have been waiting 4 days for the support ticket to be answered.
Still NO reply and NO program.
My previous PowerDVD 8 Ultra (build:2021) [Full Verison] was working just fine, until I made the terrible mistake of trying to upgrade to 2521. It seems like the support group doesn't like to answer tickets that speak critical of their program.
It is terrible that I can't even get a download link for my previous version.!!!
Does any know if build 2217 would work with DVD Ultra 8 ?
Yup. It does work.