Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can confirm that this is some sort of multicore/multithreading issue...

Forcing PD7 to only use one CPU almost seems to solve the problem. I did the following which almost eliminates the issue:

1: Start up Power Director 7.
2: In vista, open "Windows task manager" and select the processes tab.
3: In the list that appears, find "PDR.exe"
4: Right click PDR.exe and click on "Set Affinity..."
5: Untick all CPU's except one - then click OK.

This makes windows only allocate one CPU to the program.

I sugest that Cyberlink test PD7 with a quad core CPU.
Hi,

I am also getting this problem with jumpy animation when using magic motion on images with the latest PD7. My current PC is also a Quad Core QX6700 4GB RAM, VISTA 64bit, 8800GTX in SLI

I am rendering the project as a MPEG 2 file HQ setting.

To me it looks like that the problem is a multithreading bug in the renderer for magic motion. It looks like the rendered frames are being put together in the wrong order - it sort of looks like it is jumping back and forward. Maybe this problem only occurs with Quad Core CPUs?

I am now going to try PD7 out on my old single core Athlon XP 2400+ to see if that makes a difference (frames would have to be rendered in order with a single core)
Go to: