Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am having the same problem. I used PowerDVD 8 for years to play my Blu-ray discs. Since I upgraded to PowerDVD12 it has been hogging all my system resources even when I am not playing a video. When I play a Blu-Ray it frequently freezes and drops frames even when hardware acceleration is turned on. This never happened with PowerDVD 8.

I think it is scanning my disk for content but I have already given it a whole evening to do this. It allocated 0.5 GB of VM when I tried to exit and kept on going long after it should have terminated. Don't tell me this is a virus because I run MS Security Essentials and keep it up to date. Nothing like this happened until I installed PDVD12.

I tried to go into settings and remove all the directories it might scan but the rouge PDVD12*32 process kept on hogging more and more resources. I tried to click "ok" on the "settings" menu and it just hangs with the disk light working 100%.

This is probably a good software package but I need to figure out how to stop it from doing this ridiculous scan. I am not an idiot and I know where I keep all my movies. I don't need it to scan my whole damn 1TB disk. This disk is fast but I don't have a F!@#ing 15K rpm Serial SCSI RAID array. How do I kill the rouge scan?

Jules.
Go to: