Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hmm...well, I've tried my DVDs in two different DVD players, and neither of them will return to the menu once the DVD begins to play. Could there be a burn setting in PD7 that is causing this behavior?

Thanks!
Thanks, JL. I was wondering the same thing, actually. I am new to PD7 and am enjoying the DVDs I am able to create. However, I am greatly disappointed that I can't hit my "Menu" button on my remote and have the DVD go back to the menu. If I have a menu on my DVD, why can I only get to it when I first insert the DVD into my player? This seems like a major oversight to me.

Other than that, I think PD7 is a great tool and I am happy with the results.
I know that this is NOT a PowerDirector issue, but was hoping that some of you more experienced folks might be able to help me.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV 80 (Hi-eight) camera, from which I am capuring the video via USB and the sound via PC mike. When capturing from the beginning of the tape, the first 15-20 seconds of sound is not captured. Somewhere between 15 and 20 seconds into the video, a static sound starts then gradually, over about 3 seconds or so, evolves into the sound on the video. I have tried to just pause the video for about 20 seconds, but that does not affect it. The sound is coming through the PC speakers just fine during the entire video. This same phenomenon occurs when I am capturing through Windows Movie Maker as well as just capturing the sound through Wave Pad (so I know it is not PowerDirector). Although I'm not ruling out the camera being the issue, it would seem odd that it is the camera since the sound is definitely coming through the PC speakers. Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Does it sound like it is an issue with the camera or is an issue with the PC? Can anybody suggest a work-around? From now on, I can record 20 seconds of 'junk' at the beginning of the tape, but that doesn't help me capture the sound on all of my older home movies that I'm trying to convert to DVD.

Thanks so much!
I think I just answered my own question. Initially, after editing my first movie, the "Create Disc" tab was unavailable. However, after I rendered the movie, the "Create Disc" tab suddenly was available. So, I assumed that it had to be rendered before creating a disc. I just created a new movie and was able to bypass the Produce tab and go straight to Create Disc. Maybe that had something to do with having the trial version for my first attempt and now that I have the full version it is behaving better?

Anyway, thanks to those that replied. I'm learning so much already!
Thanks so much, but that still isn't showing the actual file size that is to be rendered. For example, after choosing 'DV-AVI', the 'remaining' is 14.2 GB. However, after rendering, the file size rendered (that will be copied to DVD) is only 4.5 GB. So, I have to actually render the movie to see the 'real' file size. That is incredibly time-consuming and a very cumbersome method to find out if the file is actually going to fit on a standard DVD.

Am I the only person experiencing this?

Thanks!
Thanks Stephanie! I didn't know that option was available, and will most definitely use it. Other video editing programs will tell you, prior to rendering, what the output file size will be (so, rather than a reduction in quality, you can cut out a portion of the video to accommodate a file size). PD7 is a great tool thus far, SURELY there is an option in there somewhere that tells you what your post-rendered file size will be (I hope, anyway!!).

Thanks!
I am a newbie to PD7, and have successfully created my first DVD. However, fitting it onto a standard DVD was quite a pain. The movie started off 1 hr, 21 min., but that resulted in a 5.? gb movie after rendering. So, I cut out some of the movie, but found I had to render it again (which takes well over an hour on my very slow PC), just to see if I cut enough out. I finally got it to fit after 4 attempts (that is about 5 hours of rendering alone). I have been all through the user's manual and found nothing about checking the actual rendered file size BEFORE going through the rendering process. Is there such information available somewhere?

Thanks!
Go to: