Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video capture does not capture first few seconds of sound
Shotgun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2009 21:36 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I know that this is NOT a PowerDirector issue, but was hoping that some of you more experienced folks might be able to help me.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV 80 (Hi-eight) camera, from which I am capuring the video via USB and the sound via PC mike. When capturing from the beginning of the tape, the first 15-20 seconds of sound is not captured. Somewhere between 15 and 20 seconds into the video, a static sound starts then gradually, over about 3 seconds or so, evolves into the sound on the video. I have tried to just pause the video for about 20 seconds, but that does not affect it. The sound is coming through the PC speakers just fine during the entire video. This same phenomenon occurs when I am capturing through Windows Movie Maker as well as just capturing the sound through Wave Pad (so I know it is not PowerDirector). Although I'm not ruling out the camera being the issue, it would seem odd that it is the camera since the sound is definitely coming through the PC speakers. Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Does it sound like it is an issue with the camera or is an issue with the PC? Can anybody suggest a work-around? From now on, I can record 20 seconds of 'junk' at the beginning of the tape, but that doesn't help me capture the sound on all of my older home movies that I'm trying to convert to DVD.

Thanks so much!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2009 15:47