Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the advice. I did the windows cmd line scans plus clean installed a new driver from Nvidia. These alone didn't solve the issue but I also did a clean re-install of both software and it seems to be behaving.

When CD saves a preset it goes in the "My Created Presets" folder however in PD this folder doesn't show up in the fx menu. The only way to see the presets is to show "all content" from the fx menu and they then appear buried among 200+ others. I would like if they appeared separately.

It's possible to hide the other 200+ one by one but that's a clumsy workaround. It's also possible to move them to the "Downloaded Presets" folder in user/appdata/local manually (which then shows up as it's own menu item in fx room) but that's even clumsier. At least it's not freezing trying to load them anymore (yet).

Thanks again for your input.
I use PD19 and CD8 for editing underwater video which requires color grading. In CD I import a clip and add to its timeline. I then go to global adjustments and do the following:

white balance
tone (exposure, contrast, saturation)
detail (sharpen and NR)
saturation (only sometimes on individual channels)

I then hit "create" and give the preset a name. That .cdadj file gets added to the folder that automatically gets created in user/appdata/local etc. Powerdirector looks here whenever it opens and adds these presets to the fx room.

The number of saved presets I have varies but I only ever do the above adjustments to them. Some random combination of adjustments to one of the presets results in PD crashing when opening the fx room 100% of the time. By trial and error I can work out which preset it is by systematically deleting the .cdadj file. PD then loads the FX room normally. I can create more presets and all is fine till evenutally another preset causes it to happen again.

This is infuriating me. I've emailed Cyberlink to try to get them to reproduce the issue and see why some CD presets cause PD to crash.
nvm I'll just update them both anyway
I use a really old version of Powerdirector (11) and wish to upgrade. I also have Colordirector 1.

If I upgrade to PD20 will I still be able to use the old Colordirector or does that need to be updated too? I don't want to buy a whole bundle if I don't have to and can just get PD20 ultimate on its own.

The one thing I would use is applying LUT to multiple clips in PD instead of having to go into CD for each one and apply a saved preset.

Advice appreciated, thanks
Go to: