Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does Oz use NTSC, thought you were PAL system too!!!!
I had this problem and solved it 100% by changing the .mod to jpeg (.jpg) manually....

I went to each clip, after showing the whole file attachment, and renamed the end of each file. No other changes at all, but it immediately worked perfectly in the included software and other software editing packages.

Don't know why JVC are still naming their files .mod and hope they change soon, great camera lovely picture...but unusable files !!!
Just an idea, but why are you using NTSC ? Try another format as NTFC is for North America. Pal is for the UK and most of Europe. Maybe you are American, but your date is in good old UK format !!!!
Although I've now replaced my JVC due to the poor editing, I actually went back to the saved files and manually changed them to end .mpg magically it then worked OK. I had to go through nearly 300 clips manually changing each one before I could use it in the editing software. When I used a programme to change them, the quality deteriated slightly.

Solved problem, but what a stupid file system!
Well, Currys saw the footage, before converting the files to MPEG2 and the footage after converting. Originally any motion was blurry with horizontal lines and after converting all the definition was lost and looked out of focus.

We then plugged the camcorder into the TV direct and picture was perfect, so it looks like a problem with the editing. We rang JVC direct and they blamed the computer, but did confirm it seemed uncompatible.

I then exchanged the whole kit for the SONY DCR-SR36E and I will try editing with their software. The Sony does not look as good, plastic larger and square....but I will reserve judgement until I see the editing from it.

I will try cyberlink editing first !!!

Good on Currys though !
I spent the whole day editing my Xmas shoot with my new JVC Everio, I have spent years using other editing suites, mostly AVID, but it did not take too long to work out how to use the software from cyberlink that came with it. I used Powerproducer 5 NE, and added fades and messages throughout the video. I then burnt the DVD using the same software and the final picture is appalling.

When there is any motion in the picture it is very jagged with horizontal lines. I have the camera set to maximum quality and I'm using Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Really bad picture and I'll be taking it back to Currys tomorrow to show them and demand my money back. Am I doing something very wrong here?

When you buy the package you expect it to work well together...no wonder JVC is giving cash back to buy this system !
I've now sorted that problem out, by using the "Powerproducer 5" which renders the two clips together..... but, I now find then when I have made my movie and burnt to DVD whenever there is motion the picture is really badly jaggy, with horizontal lines. The picture quality is very poor.

I am using maximum quality on the JVC camcorder, windows XP with Service Pack 3, and v5 powerproducer that came with the camcorder.

Any ideas why ? Can it be cured ?
It does appear that the effect room is closed to us, but the other buttons work after asking you to upgrade too !!!
On my first attempt at using the free software "PowerDVD" by Cyberlink that came with my new JVC camcorder; I have a problem where there is a freeze of the last frame in between each different shot. This can last for upto about 3 seconds, but it makes a 30 minute film really hard to watch.

Have I done something wrong ? Or is this a feature problem of digital camera's. I have always used a Sony handicam with Hi-8 tape before and thought I was upgrading...
Go to: