Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Charles, check out this registry tweak to force GPU processing. Did the trick for me when I first installed my 2600 Pro...

http://exdeus.home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ati-hd2x00/

Since installing this, my CPU doesn't break a sweat.
Simon - Thanks for the follow up! I may have to follow your route and try another video card.

Shaun
I'm in the same boat. Like an idiot, I thought upgrading from Ultra 7.3 to Ultra 8 might solve my issues, but no luck thus far.

For the record, I seem to only have issues playing newer BR discs w/ BD Live features. Until recently, everything (including BR playback) was fine. When I went to play the "21" BR, I got an error that a critical component needed to be upgraded, so I ran the update. Then things just got worse. The BD Advisor said that my video card (ATI HD 2600 Pro) was non-compliant, although it's been working for months! After the update, I would get a few seconds/minutes of playback before the computer crashed. After upgrading to Ultra 8, same deal... Few minutes of playback then the whole thing crashes.

Oh well. Cyberlink better come up with something. I'm not the type to pay good money for a bad product and just let it go or settle for any work-arounds.
Go to: