Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Errors Galore: 0104, 0107 and 0110
Simon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2009 16:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Got myself one of those smart LG BluRay drives to play Blu Ray discs. Figured it would be the cheaper option so far and I can build a BluRay library.

Install the enclosed CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 that's pre bundled. No joy. Need a new graphics card.

Been debating for the past two months, and bit the bullet and got a brand new ATI HD 4670. HDCP compliant, as is my six month old LG W1952TQ Monitor.

Nice bit of kit.

Still doesn't work. Been getting error 0104 and 0107.

Ok, I figure, lets buy the software and give these guys 21 days to get right before I demand my money back. I was actually stupidly hopeful it might work. I don't want to circumnavigate playing a Blu Ray disc, but come on, how difficult must it be to play something legally?

So here I am with CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 8, and, error 0110 and 0104.

Everythings fully HDCP compliant.

I wouldn't mind, but the thing plays 5 seconds of film before dying.

I have to open my Blu Ray drive to get the screen back.

Very very very disappointed.

I have obviously heard good things about AnyDVD. Time will tell I'll guess.

Anyone any further thoughts?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800, 4 Gig of RAM, ATI HD 4670 512 Meg, LG W1952TQ. Vista 32 bit.

Cya
Simon

Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just installed latest ATI drivers without any joy. Money back me thinks.
Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
And CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 8 doesn't even work with AnyDVD
Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also, what I can only presume to be the downdate patch/install to 2217a also fails to work.
Shaun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2009 20:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm in the same boat. Like an idiot, I thought upgrading from Ultra 7.3 to Ultra 8 might solve my issues, but no luck thus far.

For the record, I seem to only have issues playing newer BR discs w/ BD Live features. Until recently, everything (including BR playback) was fine. When I went to play the "21" BR, I got an error that a critical component needed to be upgraded, so I ran the update. Then things just got worse. The BD Advisor said that my video card (ATI HD 2600 Pro) was non-compliant, although it's been working for months! After the update, I would get a few seconds/minutes of playback before the computer crashed. After upgrading to Ultra 8, same deal... Few minutes of playback then the whole thing crashes.

Oh well. Cyberlink better come up with something. I'm not the type to pay good money for a bad product and just let it go or settle for any work-arounds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 12:20

Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Gees. CyberLink tech support takes the cake.

They've responded with:

Thank you for writing back.

In response to your concern please visit the link to get the compatible graphics card:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=2577

Also update the audio/video drivers to get rid of it.

Fair enough. So I look at the link. What does the link say?

"ATI (recommended requirements): ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900,
3400, 3600, 3800 series

If you want to use digital output during Blu-ray Disc playback (through DVI or HDMI connection), make sure the graphics card is HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compatible."

I've said that this is an unacceptable reply. It doesn't say that the 4670 is incompatible. My supplier says this card has HDCP, Gigabyte say it's got HDCP (but I can't be sure now whether that's only with the HDMI port)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Products_Overview.aspx?ClassValue=VGA&ProductID=2907&ProductName=GV-R467D3-512I

It's just useless.

Regards,
Simon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2009 08:00

Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just changed my graphics card from the ATI 4670 (sent back for a refund) and swapped for an nVidia 9800GT.

Mmm. Lovely. My games now work again, the fan is relatively quiet, and HDCP BluRay playback is flawless.

Could still have been a problem with CyberLink - I can't be sure. But, hey, 2 problems with an ATI, none with nVidia. I know what I'll blame.

Cheers
Simon
Shaun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Simon - Thanks for the follow up! I may have to follow your route and try another video card.

Shaun
Kincaid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 12:39 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
All ATI 4000 series cards should be HDCP. The drivers may have been an issue but CyberLink still is the one who decides whether a videocard and/or its drivers are "compatible". CyberLink very well could be the one at fault here.

I have a high-end ATI 4000 series card but it has been out for awhile so its definitely an accepted card and therefore it passes the tests.

Having switched videocards and gone to an NVIDIA card works in the short run for the problem but a bigger problem still exists and CyberLink needs to step back in telling users which drivers and hardware are valid or not because their checks are causing good and acceptable hardware to be deemed unacceptable.
Charles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 12:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
With 8.12 Catalyst drivers my 4870 works just fine with PowerDVD and that's with Vista 64, so I'm surprised you'd have issues.

The issue I still have is there's no GPU off loading occuring.
WIth HD content it's a lot of load on your CPU and overutilization can cause a lot of audio and video stuttering.
Shaun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Charles, check out this registry tweak to force GPU processing. Did the trick for me when I first installed my 2600 Pro...

http://exdeus.home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ati-hd2x00/

Since installing this, my CPU doesn't break a sweat.
Simon [Avatar]
[Post New]
My 4670 thought it was on a PCI Express x16 v 2.0 bus.

My nVidia 9800GT correctly identifies v1.0.

My 4670 fan constantly ran.

CyberLink PowerDVD had a "grey" icon in BD Advisor.

4670 was either ridiculously underpowered to even cope with BluRay or The Sims 2, or had a fault.

Maybe the CyberLink software is faulty.

All I know, is I got a newish graphics card that's supported by CyberLink and runs my Sims 2 games correctly, the fan works properly, and doesn't slow my CPU down in benchmarking. I ran 3Dmark Vantage, and the 4670 gave my CPU a lower benchmark!

Figure that!

Cya
Simon
Charles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 12:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Shaun,
Been there done that to no avail. As a interm process I bought a Nvidia 9500, Purevideo HD and ding we have a winner.

Right now the 4870 is serving as a door stop while I decide on my final solution.

I choose PowerDirector for video editting based on their promises to support my 4870. Now that the 4870 has proven to be worthless to me I need to rethink the video editor suite as well...

Just wish companies would quit promising and start delivering...

hopefully someone will tell me where to get the "just release" changes... but that's a different thread.
Rod [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2010 04:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The error message sends you on a wild goose chase!..............
In my case the error had nothing to do with using a digital signal !!!!!
If you are running 2 screens in "clone" mode then simply switch that off so that the signal only goes to the screen you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2010 07:09