Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I wanted to report back that Power Director is working now.

Thanks to Dafydd for his help and interest!!!!

I repeated instructions from Tech Support (in post previous to this one)and threw in a few other things for good measure and it's working now.

I owe Cyberlink Tech an apology. I think I failed to follow their directions carefully enough the first time. I credit it working now to them even though like I said I did a few other tweaks in the registry and software removal.

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks Dafydd.
I'll give what you said a try next. I was using free trial Power2Go.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Regards,
Jim

Correction to Statement I made:
Here is the tech report. They did not say"Firewall", I just tried that in addition to turning off all other goodies running in the background.
(SEE TECH REPLY BELOW)

vcdipti Reply 2006/09/18 17:17
Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

I understand PowerDirector crashes when you go to create disc.

In regards to your issue, Please follow the suggestions mentioned below:

(1) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

(2) Please click on the link below to update DirectX drivers (DirectX 9.0c)

default.aspx

(3) Update your VGA, Sound card drivers from the offical web site of the cards manufacturer or you may need to contact with your hardware device vendor directly.

(4) Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

(5) Then try the following way to re-install PowerDireacctor:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink
And reboot your PC.
After this, please install your PowerDirector 5.0.

(6) Restart the system.

Now please launch the PowerDirector software.

For immediate response, please use this reference:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards
Well, I'm in need of some help please. I've tried the patch, newest activex and reinstalled twice. Last time just to get rid of patch. Still the same. No virus, firewall or other applications thought to interfere are on.

When I hit CREATE DISC, It fails to initialize menu and gives this error message.

"Create Disk page initializing error!
Error code: -7

Tech was of little use. I employed their suggestion already which was Install Active X verxxx. and reinstall software.

I tried the Power2go software but it would not load the Produce.mpg file PowerDirector created for me of my movie. I've tried the process on a much smaller movie production and I always get the page failure.

Any help genuinely appreciated.

Jim

Using Power Director 5.0 Premium
3 gigs of ram
AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+ 2.0 Ghz
250 Gig Hard Drive, 7200rpm SATA
ATI Saphire 1800XT Video Card
Win XP Media Center HP Desktop
HP DVD Burner (Integrated)
Just wanted to say hello. I'm having some troubles when I get to the "Burn DVD" stage and found some helpful info here already. If what I've learned doesn't work I'll be back to request some help.

Without these forums, I'd never get anywhere without relying on a paid professional to help me solve various problems with all kinds of "things" that go wrong...from Water Softeners, Cars and Computers.

Ain't the web grand!!

Later...Regards,

Jim
Go to: