Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I did my best...need your help!! Please!
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 11:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I'm in need of some help please. I've tried the patch, newest activex and reinstalled twice. Last time just to get rid of patch. Still the same. No virus, firewall or other applications thought to interfere are on.

When I hit CREATE DISC, It fails to initialize menu and gives this error message.

"Create Disk page initializing error!
Error code: -7

Tech was of little use. I employed their suggestion already which was Install Active X verxxx. and reinstall software.

I tried the Power2go software but it would not load the Produce.mpg file PowerDirector created for me of my movie. I've tried the process on a much smaller movie production and I always get the page failure.

Any help genuinely appreciated.

Jim

Using Power Director 5.0 Premium
3 gigs of ram
AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+ 2.0 Ghz
250 Gig Hard Drive, 7200rpm SATA
ATI Saphire 1800XT Video Card
Win XP Media Center HP Desktop
HP DVD Burner (Integrated)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2006 02:04

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the PM....

Well I cant recreate this error - I'd have thought the error code would have helped the techs. I also never shut off my firewall especially as most of us are on-line all the time - I'm not impressed when tech's advise this! However they are often concerned that software which is constantly looking for updates ... firewall software (and anti-virus) which is set to auto-check for updates etc. These need to be stopped.

A basic question...
What version P2Go are you running (if it's the express version you'll not have dvd write capability)?

Please try a "test" on PDr5 - such as this to see if the problem repeats.
1. Place the Aquarium.mpg into the timeline
2. Create disc mode and try to create to file and then create to disc.
3. I'd also like you to create a VCD to see what happens. (Video CD)

Make sure you have the correct disc type in your drive (+ or - if that matters). Use a RW if you have one.

Whatever you do - note down the action you take - basically list them - every action. When an error is reported at a certain point - follow the list and repeat the error, confirming the results. I'm not sure what you've provided the techs ... please provide the actions (list them) and the results.

Right, now it's the weekend and I'm off away from a computer screen to train my young sheepdog... yes, a working sheepdog.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2006 08:17

Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd.
I'll give what you said a try next. I was using free trial Power2Go.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Regards,
Jim

Correction to Statement I made:
Here is the tech report. They did not say"Firewall", I just tried that in addition to turning off all other goodies running in the background.
(SEE TECH REPLY BELOW)

vcdipti Reply 2006/09/18 17:17
Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

I understand PowerDirector crashes when you go to create disc.

In regards to your issue, Please follow the suggestions mentioned below:

(1) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

(2) Please click on the link below to update DirectX drivers (DirectX 9.0c)

default.aspx

(3) Update your VGA, Sound card drivers from the offical web site of the cards manufacturer or you may need to contact with your hardware device vendor directly.

(4) Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

(5) Then try the following way to re-install PowerDireacctor:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink
And reboot your PC.
After this, please install your PowerDirector 5.0.

(6) Restart the system.

Now please launch the PowerDirector software.

For immediate response, please use this reference:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards
Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wanted to report back that Power Director is working now.

Thanks to Dafydd for his help and interest!!!!

I repeated instructions from Tech Support (in post previous to this one)and threw in a few other things for good measure and it's working now.

I owe Cyberlink Tech an apology. I think I failed to follow their directions carefully enough the first time. I credit it working now to them even though like I said I did a few other tweaks in the registry and software removal.

Thanks,

Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2006 14:59

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jim,

Brilliant and thank you. Sent you a PM.

Dafydd
Valdivieso [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2006 18:08 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I had problems with opening pds projects... tried every thing that was suggested. I ended up reinstaling PD5 without the patch and downgrading from premium version. Now I have the problem of creating dis page intializing error code 7... which I never had before while using PD5. Any one have any suggestios?... If I instal the patch for this version, or the premium one, I can't open my projects!!!!.... I have to solve this ASAP since have a deadline presenting my work!!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I had problems with opening pds projects... tried every thing that was suggested. I ended up reinstaling PD5 without the patch and downgrading from premium version. Now I have the problem of creating dis page intializing error code 7... which I never had before while using PD5. Any one have any suggestios?... If I instal the patch for this version, or the premium one, I can't open my projects!!!!.... I have to solve this ASAP since have a deadline presenting my work!!!!

A project file saved in PowerDirector 5 Premium can NOT be opened in PowerDirector 5 (earlier version).

1. Do the uninstall thing again and follow the instructions.
2. There has been a problem (and it's being dealt with by CyberLink) of some saved pds files not opening, basically the larger saved files. Please contact Tech Support.

Dafydd
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd
Thanks for your reply, but I am able to open the PD Premium saved file in PD5. The thing now is that when I go to create disk, I get the following message "create Disk page initializing error code 7", even in the opeining panel, I mean with the sample project. This problem I never had before with PD5....
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did everything. I can open my projects, but get a error closing message when going to create disk!!!! it crashes at 14% opening!!!! Help!!!!
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
After trying all suggestion posted here, I finally unistalled EVERYTHING, and startede from the very begining... starting from cero with Power Directo Pro ME O 2, ang upgrading to every version available. All of them worked fine, until Power Director 5 Deluxe. When installing the patch 1227, starts the problem, and not metion the general problem when upgrading to PD 5 Premium, that does not open the pds files, and cant burn. When installing the patches for this problems.... it only gets worst. I finally stayed in version PD5 Deluxe, without the 1227 patch... I lost the money of the upgrade to Premium!!!!!.... Don't think there is a way to get my money back
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Valdivieso,

After reading your last posting where you've installed through a long series of PD versions I'm not sure you needed to have posted under this heading - should have started a new subject.

I think you should immediately contact Tech Support. There is no way I can repeat your installations or offer an opinion on where you've got a problem.

Best.

Dafydd