Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think this is my issue. The source 1080i mpg files are perfectly fine and I was able to split, title, etc. just fine. At some later point, after reopening the project, I realized that video for some of those clips is black. Audio is fine and titling intact, but no video. Original video that was used in project can still be played fine. I used two source videos for this project and it appears the clips for the first video are still able to be previewed. Also, I don't think it's permanent, since I was able to reopen the project and it's fine. The only thing I do, after opening the project, is compress the timeline.

I understand that the workaround here is just to reopen the project, but it keeps happening and it's annoying. I'm on an i7 860 box running 64-bit Windows 7, with tons of HD space and 8 GB of memory, so resources shouldn't be a factor. Ideas?
Did you by any chance use "Smart Fit", when burning to DVD? This is where you see the worst pixelation! I'll try playing with my produce profile, but I started having this issue in version 7 and I didn't see any other way.

I also started with HD video and ultimately found that when you have video that won't fit onto your media, it's better to burn to a location on your local drive, as a format like dual/double layer. Mount that, or use something capable of playing that folder like a DVD and view it. I'm betting, at this point, it's acceptable. Then, use something that specializes in compressing, like DVD Shrink, to burn it onto a standard DVD+-R. The output proved very acceptable for me.
Latest patch upgrade seems to break it again!
It seems to control the camcorder just fine (timecoding, etc.), but I'm not seeing the video in the capture window. Help! [b]
I didn't do an in-depth frame-by-frame verification and it was like 5 mins of video, but it seemed fine for me.
Worked well, thanks.
Any traction on this??

There has been a build since this was posted. It seems crazy that I have to keep around my old Roxio 10 suite just for video capture. This should be a major defect for CyberLink, right?!
Go to: