Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 Ultra - frames jump/freeze or pixilates during Capture
Kent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2008 21:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased the PD 7 Ultra today because of the HD ability.

Capturing begins with slight hesitation, capture continues normally BUT, about every 5 -10 seconds various frames freeze/jump for a split second, or become pixilated for a split second; throughout the capture. If it was only one or two times I’d edit it out, but it is the entire footage. I’ve tried many PD 7 setting changes, capture on different drives, etc.

Capture is HD footage from a Canon HV20- Play/out setup 1: playback-HVD, 16:9, set to output: Auto,16:9, Play/out setup 2: comp out 1080i, DV Output-HDV/DV
PD 7 Ultra recognizes my HD HV20 camera fine. Final on Blu-Ray player is very clear & sharp - but video retains freezes, jumps & pixleations.

I’m using a brand new HP 5000t, Vista Home Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, Nvdidia Geforce 9500 GS, two 500 Gb hard drives.

Kent

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2008 10:02

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3946.page

I would have referred you to the above url/post but I see you've already arrived!

Dafydd
Kent [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, thanks.

I saw his post but, no answer yet. I've read many posts from many forums that had the same problem.

Still no answer from Cyberlink TECH OR FORUMS. Only workaround I found is to use hDSplit and importing the files into PD7.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kent,

I'm sending you a PM with a request for samples and a full report, with upload location.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2008 12:26

David A [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with PD 7 deluxe (upgraded with *2227c) on videos from my Canon HV20. If I capture from the Vista Home Premium 64 bundled software (Win Movie Maker), I get no such hesitations of pixelations, and if I import these WMM files to PD7 (which it transcribes into MPEG2 format), the resulting file displays in PD7 without the hesitations. (Unfortunately WMM doesn't recognize the stereo audio track, so this is not a work-around either).

I run a 3.00 ghz Intel 8400 Core 2 Duo (wolfdale) on an ASUS P5E-VM motherboard, 4 GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD4850 graphics card (512 MB GDDR3). Connection is Firewire.

No such glitches appear when the tapes are played directly to an LG HD LCD TV, so the recording and playback from the camera is not at fault. The fact that I can capture to another application without these faults would seem to eliminate the firewire connectivity.

So????. Anyone else finding this problem or have a solution?
Kent [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd worked on it for/with me to no avail. The only work around I found is use HDSplit (free download) and import the files into PD7. The HDsplit creates M2T files which I rename so PD7 will import w/o issue. Does the HV20 capture great HD?
David A [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kent,
On your suggesttion, I downloaded HDVsplit, and found that the files captured cleanly, and could be opened for further processing by Power Director 7.0. I also downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 9.0, and succesfully got clean captures which could be opened in PD 7 for further processing. I tried Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 (or was that 12?), now identified by its Corel name, but that application could not find a capture driver for HDV, even though they advertise such capability. It did capture cleanly in SD.

For my use, the processing interface ease of use and flexibilty of Power Director is far superior to any of the competitors, so it is especially frustrating that a straightforward solution has not been identified for products that are sold by the hundreds of thousands around the world. I previously used PD5 on an XP machine (SD camera) and would like to stick with it.
RonNery [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 11:09 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Any traction on this??

There has been a build since this was posted. It seems crazy that I have to keep around my old Roxio 10 suite just for video capture. This should be a major defect for CyberLink, right?!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please download and test - report back here please - some replacement files.

http://www.SoftDeko.com/CLtest/jitters/HDVRecordIssue.zip

The file is only available for a short time - until a patch is released. It is a "test", so please report back.

The zip file has install instructions.

Thank you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2009 08:59

RonNery [Avatar]
[Post New]
Worked well, thanks.
David A [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded, changed names and placed the two patch files as directed. I captured a specific clip, first with PD7 with patch, and then with HDVSplit. The test clip is a steam locomotive , "City of Lithgow" on the ZigZag Railway in Australia, so the drivers and connecting rod action are a clear demonstration.
(Canon HV20, ASUS P5E-VM, 3 GHz IntelCore2Duo8400, 4GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD4850 Graphics, dual 500 GB hard drives, Vista Home Premium x64 w/SP1)

Unfortunately the PD7 with patch capture still displays the hesitation every few seconds. Also a long "almost" horizontal red colour band on the loci exhibits a distortion (the technical term escapes me), at least in the Editor preview window. I did not observe the former pixelation however. I watched and compared more than a dozen times, and at each hesitation I physically jumped even though I knew it was coming!
As before, HDVSplit performed smoothly, and I now have my 7+ hours of HD video of Australia captured and edited via PowerDirector7, and our travel-video group is impressed with the results of PD7!
Thanks, and I hope you can give it another try!
RonNery [Avatar]
[Post New]
I didn't do an in-depth frame-by-frame verification and it was like 5 mins of video, but it seemed fine for me.
RonNery [Avatar]
[Post New]
Latest patch upgrade seems to break it again!
It seems to control the camcorder just fine (timecoding, etc.), but I'm not seeing the video in the capture window. Help! [b]