Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I wonder if it could just be that you don't have enogh video RAM? Since this program processes in realt time by accessing the files on your drive, it could be that the video memory is just getting bogged down searching for the correct spot in the clip.

Just my two cents.
I understand that is does need to be continuous but since you are indeed editing, just like all of my other audio programs, or Adobe Premiere, it would be useful if you could disable the snap function on the video clips. I am really surprised that others with experience have not brought this up. I mean you can move everything else so why not the video too?

I know that I can zoom in. I guess the point I was trying to make is that if I have a particular piece of video that needs to be at an exact part of the timeline to either sync with a music soundtrack, or some other event, I cannot place that piece of video there and then build the other portions of the video around that. The movie must be made from start to finish with no gaps. Very limiting to the editing process.
OK so for most people this may not be a big deal but for me it is a really big deal:

HOW CAN I MOVE VIDEO ON THE TIME LINE AND NOT HAVE IT SNAP BACK TO THE END OF THE PREVIOUS CLIP?

I can move titles, effects, audio clips etc on the time line but I can't move the video. I would love to be able to slide a video clip over on the time line and insert other clips or see more accurately exactly what is happening and where edits can be made.

Also, is there any way to disable the curser so that each time I click on something that the curser doesn't move to right on top of what I am doing?

Is there anyway I can use a "Snap point" to have an audio clip and a video clip, or effect all go to the exact same start point or do I have to slide each one manually and try to line them up.

Just as an FYI, I have extensive non linear editing experience (commercial recording studio owner) and have done many video projects as well. All of the audio programs I use have these types of features and I cannot seem to find them on this program.
Thanks Walker. That is about what I thought. I only use this system for our web site developement and customer tracking so it isn't our fastest system by any means. I will either upgrade it or just switch over to one of our other systems.

While we are on the subject of titles, how can I get a title to come up while the video fades away and keep the audio from the video playing and then have the video come back in while the title fades out. I used a color board and I can get the title to come in like I want it to but the audio from the video cuts out until the title is done.
Thanks Walker and Rodney. I really appreciate all of the input.

Walker, I used to use Vegas Video, Pinnacle/Avid Systems etc. I got the titles etc to play but the preview window kept locking up and not playing anything but the audio, even when I selected "Movie" instead of "Clip" under the preview window. After it had done that for about 10 minutes, my entire system locked up. I am running a 3.2 Ghz P4 processor with 2 Gig or RAM and using XP Pro as an OS. I'll mess around with it again later tonight and see what happens.

I think there are some very simple aspects to the operation of the software that are great and really easy but I may have been better off not having any video editing or audio editing experience at all before starting this.

Just as an FYI, I have been an audio engineer for 21 years and run a commercial recording studio and we have done everything from major label recording projects, some commercial video/dvd production, and live sound engineering. I actually have quite a bit of experience in non linear editing etc.
Thanks Walker. That did help. Now my video preview window just quit showing the video, or the clips or anything at all.

Man, THis software had rave reviews from a bunch of websites but I am having my doubts about the usability thus far.
I have the exact same problem. I cannot move the video files around but I can move the titles, and transitions anywhere on the time line. I cannot move the videos at all. I used to use Adobe Premier and I could drag video clips anywhere but this program that I just purchased last night doesn't let me move them anywhere I need them to be.

Can anyone help Monika and me?
Go to: