Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had the same problem as barnowl just trying to get the transition to "take". Even worse, I had not only a "vertical" problem (wrong timeline track), but I also had a "horizontal" problem. It seems that PD9 also wants you to be very precise about selecting the exact point between two clips.

I wanted to put the transition between two very long clips and because of the timeline scale, hitting the correct horizontal position was impossible. I only realised the horizontal position was critical when I saw a very brief flash of something between the two clips as I was cursing and moving the mouse, trying for the umpteenth time to add a transition. By zooming in a lot I finally managed to nail the right position and insert the transition. Surely the only place I'm likely to want to put a transition is between two clips. Why do I have to be just about pixel perfect with my positioning to do this?

Why, oh why, does PD seem to make life more difficult with each new version? It seems there's a rush to embrace new technology and be "in" with things like YouTube, but the stuff that works well is sadly not appreciated in the rush. And stuff that REALLY needs to be fixed is not. Like why do I still have to type in a space in the My Video box in the Menu when all I want to do is delete it? But some credit is due: at least the music on the Chapter Menus can finally be removed.

OK, rant over. Thanks to Cranston for helping me retain my remaining hair.
I'm using PD 7.00.2227c.

I want to freeze the last frame of a clip and then fade out. But the only way I can think of doing that is taking a snapshot of the last frame, adding that as a "picture clip" and then doing a fade transition.

The problem is that transition times are limited to 50% of the length of the clip. So if I want a two second fade, I have to set the duration of the picture clip to four seconds, so I end up with two seconds of freeze frame and then two seconds of fade. Is there any way of freezing the frame and staring the fade immediately?

Another problem I've had is specifying the duration of clips and transitions. I can't specify any fraction of a second about 0.28 or 0.29. So I can do 4.00 or up to 4.29 but nothing between 4.29 and 5.00. It's very annoying.

A related problem is setting the default duration of transitions. I can't set the default duration properly from the Edit/Preferences/Editing settings. I want 1.25, but the closest I could get was setting "1.9" and that resulted in transitions of 1.27.
Go to: