Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been using Power Director for quite sometime……I recently built a new computer and purchased Power Director 8 Ultra

My new system consists of:
Windows 7
ICore 7 Processor 2.6 over clocked to 3.0
Radeon HD4870 Video card
6Gig of Ram
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3r 1366 X58 R Mother board

Issues that I have noticed: Power Director crashes randomly, the biggest issue I have is with creating disks…..sometimes it doesn’t completely create the whole file but it says the burn was successful and completed. But when you look at it there is only 7mins of the video out of the 12 mins that it’s supposed to be. But this is random also, sometimes it does complete correctly but you never no when it’s going to be right. My files are always produced with MPEG 2 HD 1080I 16x9 and my disks are created using AVCHD 1920x1080. With my new system it is really awesome it takes about 6mins to produce a 12 min video and it takes about 12 mins to create disk…I used these same settings with power Dirctor 7 on my old machine, no problems except it took too long.

I am hoping that there will be a patch for the disk creation problem. I have 3 or 4 video editing software problems but Power Director has always been my favorite.
Go to: