Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disk Error-not the whole file
Sharon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 10:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Power Director for quite sometime……I recently built a new computer and purchased Power Director 8 Ultra

My new system consists of:
Windows 7
ICore 7 Processor 2.6 over clocked to 3.0
Radeon HD4870 Video card
6Gig of Ram
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3r 1366 X58 R Mother board

Issues that I have noticed: Power Director crashes randomly, the biggest issue I have is with creating disks…..sometimes it doesn’t completely create the whole file but it says the burn was successful and completed. But when you look at it there is only 7mins of the video out of the 12 mins that it’s supposed to be. But this is random also, sometimes it does complete correctly but you never no when it’s going to be right. My files are always produced with MPEG 2 HD 1080I 16x9 and my disks are created using AVCHD 1920x1080. With my new system it is really awesome it takes about 6mins to produce a 12 min video and it takes about 12 mins to create disk…I used these same settings with power Dirctor 7 on my old machine, no problems except it took too long.

I am hoping that there will be a patch for the disk creation problem. I have 3 or 4 video editing software problems but Power Director has always been my favorite.
Alpha channel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2009 17:48 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having exactly the same problems with AVCHD disks. At first I thought I needed a specal type of blank media DVD. But after about 5 failed attempts, it finally finished and the disk was indeed created. But, thankfully, I used a DVD+RW. Otherwise, I would have ruined 5 blank DVDs. I just came on today to see if anyone else had this issue and I didn't even have to turn to page two. This is very troublesome. I may have to return this software, if this keeps up. I usually get about 21% and then the enire program locks and I get a Windows error message and the program completely shuts down. I have WinXP SP3, 4GB DDR2, high end graphics card ATI 4890 and am using ATI Stream Technology. This is not acceptable. Someone please help us.

Alphachannel
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'll answer Sharon.

Alpha channel you need to post under your own NEW Topic please.

Sharon, There are a number of outstanding i7 issues posted on the forum. There is a workaround for some. Please search out i7 issues.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/90/7771.page

Dafydd

VBRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2008 18:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I'm not even burning to a DVD, I'm creating a DVD Image folder. I don't have a fancy multicore CPU, it's an older AMD Athelon that is single core and about 1.3GHZ. I have 4 gigs of ram and of course XP only sees 2gb of it. I have plenty of space on my FAT32 partitions. The older Power Director 7 was just fine expect for a few lacking features. I decided to try out the new PD8 and it seems nice, BUT when I go to "Create Disc" and then when it gets to about 20 or 21%, it bombs out and I have a VOB that is either ZERO bytes or sometimes 150MB and is way to short and no other files in the VIDEO_TS folder ;((( I've been messing with it for several hours and can't get it to work.

I am making a regular DVD with SP or HQ or Smart Fit and it all does the same thing, I used DolbyDIgital5.1 and just stereo. I've tried everything I can thinik of and it just stops after about 20%. I can tell you from past experience that 20% seems to be the point at which all the MENU creation is done... if that helps you any. PLUS PD7 was MUCH MUCH FASTER at this create disc function, it would get up to 20% in about 3 minutes. In, PD8, it's been taking about 17 minutes.

It says it burned successful, and it shows 100% done. But if you sit and waste your time staring at the screen, you will see that after it gets past 20%, it won't take long and POOOF, it jumps to 100% done and it says it was successful. lolol

Very disappointing.

Davie/Roger Reed VBRoger ' VBDavie
creators of www.photojockey.com
VALERY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2009 13:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I tried to create DVD folders on hard drive. My project has 3.1 GB and 16 chapters. After running for about 15 minutes PD8 'Completed Normally'. The resulting Video_TS folder contains the following files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.IFO VTS_01_0.BUP VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_01_1.VOB is 1,043,927,040 (1GB). It is the only VOB file created.
So PD8 lost 2 more VOB's.

I can play the partial DVD in PowerDVD directly from the hard drive. It has 5 chapters out of the original 16.

PD8 experienced some problem going to 2nd VOB and decided to Complete Normally!!!.

Here is my configuration:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.42 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.85 GB

Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 11/26/2007
Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver Version 8.681.0.0 (9.12)
PowerDirector Ultra 8.00.2220c