Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FIXED WITHOUT REINSTALLATION...MAYBE?

I know this is an older conversation, but I just ran into this same problem.

Just to recap, while using opening PhotoDirector 12 (ver. 12.0.2024.0), the program crashed and closed. While reopening my project I got the window which momentarily displays "Cyberlink is checking the project...please wait" and then it quickly disappears, leaving just a blank PhotoDirector window open. I let it sit for several hours and still nothing came up. Had to close it using the Task Manager.

I tried several things without having to uninstall and reinstall. How I finally resolved it was by opening an older version of the project, which forced the window asking me if I wanted to upgrade the project. "Yes" didn't work - same blank screen. "No" asked me if I wanted to create a new project. I said yes, then it brought up the dialog box for me to save a new project. I just kept the default name of "NewProject" and then OK after which it came up with the sidebar and bottom bar for the picture thumbnails.

I went to File > Open Project..., then selected my project I was working on and then it successfully opened the project for me to work on.

I will repost if I have any other problems upon restarting the program. Hopefully this has solved the problem.
Go to: