CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues after update
Reply to this topic
jbundy8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2020 22:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to open PhotoDirector since the last update. Is anyone else having the same issue? I have submitted 2 tickets to customer service and have not received a response. I am on a deadline and need to get this fixed ASAP. Any suggestions?
[Post New]
Hello jbundy8,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Can I assume correctly that you're using PhD 365 Version 12? or are you using PhD12 (perpetual licence)?

I've had no such difficulties with either version, but the first thing I'd check is Task Manager [Ctrl+Alt+Delete] to ensure that PhD isn't already running.

Have you restarted your PC since installing?

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5753 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to what PIX posted, sometimes PhD has an issue when trying to convert the previous version's database file after an upgrade.

Once you've reinstalled it, instead of launching the app directly, use File Explorer and navigate to the \Pictures\PhotoDirector\11.0 folder where you should see a file with your Windows user name and maybe some other numbers that will end in .phd, like UserName_11.04_1.phd.

Double click on that and see if that will let PhD12 launch.
jbundy8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2020 22:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for the tips. What Optodata posted worked and I was able to open PhotoDirector. Everything seemed fine until I tried to delete a photo. After deleting I received an error stating "file could not be found" with the option to try and find the file. From here I was not able to click on anything and had to use task manager to close the program. Now I am back where I started and unable to open PhotoDirector again. I have tried restarting my computer, but it did not resolve the issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5753 Offline
[Post New]
There should be other, usually older versions of the .PhD file in nearby folders. You can use the search box in File Explorer if needed.

Once you locate a file, double-click on it as before, but this time, go to File | New Project to start over from scratch. You will have to import your clips again but there may be corruption in the existing databases and this is the surest way to move forward.
Reply to this topic