Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Guys,

I share your pain.

I just do not understand Cyberlink at all. There's an old saying where I come from: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Patches and upgrades, surely, are supposed to be tested before they're released, right? The '5105 patch doesn't work for me and to be honest this is the last straw.

From experience I can tell you that you're on a hiding to nothing if you're expecting any quick resolutions from this outfit. They are notoriously poor at helping us poor folk resolve what should be minor issues.

Good luck...you're gonna need it!

Elst.
Keith,

I haven't had much luck with the '5105 patch at all! Power DVD 7.3 Ultra insisted I download the patch or I may not be able to play any HD discs at all.

Since I've installed '5105, my Power DVD 7 just won't start! All I get now is an error message and then the program aborts! This isn't the first time this has happened with Cyberlink patches and upgrades and to be honest I'm getting a little tired of it. I thought patches and upgrades were supposed to enhance the enjoyment of the product not stop it from working!

It's funny, I was thinking to myself just the other day how well I had done to finally get my HTPC running reliably and stably then this happens!

InterVideo has released it's WinDVD 9 plus Blu and I'm going to buy that and give that a try. My Power DVD can go on e-Bay I think.

Good luck mate.

Elst.
I'm with you Rob!

This is yet another example of a large corporation trying to tell you what and how you can use a product AFTER you've bought it from them!

When you buy a car it's unconditional and you can do what you like with it once you've bought it. The same should apply here - if you bought PowerDVD 7 Ultra for the purposes of playing both Blu Ray and HD DVD then that's what it should do. It's infuriating!

I play both Blu Ray Region A and B films. Do you know how many changes I was allowed using PowerDVD 7? 2! Yes, you read it right, 2!

Everyone else gets 5. I get 2! Why?! Why me?!

I'm not going to get into how I got around that, that's not what this arena's about but Cyberlink need to be a little more customer friendly and give the people what they want. The people will pay if the product is good.

My advice would be to uninstall using something like Revo Uninstaller (which is excellent by the way!) and re-install without patching to 4617a.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!

PS: At the risk of getting my knuckles rapped by Cyberlink, WinDVD 9 Plus Blu Ray still supports HD DVD. You might wanna give that a look-see.
Go to: