Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 5105?
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 27, 2008 10:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I reinstalled PowerDVD on a Windows XP PC today and was offered a new update, 5105. I took the plunge and all seems to be well, though I've not had any problems with my main PC (spec below) either. Anyone else upgraded and had any luck or otherwise? Regards,
Keith

As of October 2009: PDVD 7.3.5711 Ultra; LG GGC-H20L BD-HD combo; NVidia 9600GT; Samsung SM2333SW; Windows 7 Home Prem 64
Elst [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England, UK. Joined: Dec 26, 2008 04:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Keith,

I haven't had much luck with the '5105 patch at all! Power DVD 7.3 Ultra insisted I download the patch or I may not be able to play any HD discs at all.

Since I've installed '5105, my Power DVD 7 just won't start! All I get now is an error message and then the program aborts! This isn't the first time this has happened with Cyberlink patches and upgrades and to be honest I'm getting a little tired of it. I thought patches and upgrades were supposed to enhance the enjoyment of the product not stop it from working!

It's funny, I was thinking to myself just the other day how well I had done to finally get my HTPC running reliably and stably then this happens!

InterVideo has released it's WinDVD 9 plus Blu and I'm going to buy that and give that a try. My Power DVD can go on e-Bay I think.

Good luck mate.

Elst.