Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This answer was for 64 bit - there may be a similar one for 32.
Are you running 64bit? If so support had me do some registry edits to remove it.

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

We understand your concern related with downloading PowerDirector 7.0.

We request you to please follow the steps given below to uninstall the PowerDirector and then reinstall:

NOTE : "Please follow the steps given below in exact order and it is strictly mandatory."

1. Restart the computer.

2. After that install “Microsoft cleanup tool” and clean PowerDirector installation information:-

For that follow the steps:-

Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.

Please download the “Microsoft cleanup tool “ using the link below :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

3. Now remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry

For that follow the below mentioned steps:-

1. Remove "C:\Program Files(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector"

2. Remove "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}" folder

Please note that this directory is a hidden directory. So, first select 'Show hidden files and folder' option from 'Folder option' and then delete that folder.

For that follow the steps:-

Open 'Control Panel' --> open 'Folder Options' --> click 'View' tab --> select 'Show hidden files and folder' --> click 'OK'.

Now delete the following folder:

c) Run regedit (Start --> Search--> Run --> type "regedit")

(1) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDirector"

(2) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(3) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(4) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

Now install a fresh copy of PowerDirector 7.0 software using the link below :- "

They provided me a new download - this allowed me to reinstall, but did not resolve other isssues I was having.

Good Luck

I am using the following:

HP touchsmart with 4GB of RAM, Core 2 Dou, Windows Vista Home Rpemium 64 Bit, Mobile Intl 965 Chipset.

This computer should handle the product wiht no issues -and no stupid wise cracks blaming Vista. It is out, stable and does what I need..

No reason that PowerDirector should crash everytime it tries to burn to Disk. Also no reason fo rme to have rto buy another burning product, why dont they include it for one price instead of making us continue to buy additional products.
After installing and having the crash problems that everyone is experiencing, I find it hard to believe these guys are even in business. Why have support as an option if you really dont get support! These guys also have the huburous to ask for improvement ideas for hte NEXT version when this version is buggy and crashes constantly!!!!

HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK!!!!
Go to: