Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I sincerely hope so because I just blew $50 on a firewire card and associated cable and only connected the thing once. The connection being tempermental is one thing... frying the input on the camera inside of a week with barely any movement (and certainly no "trauma") would be a few levels beyond that.
I had a similar problem recently, and these forums solved it. Check out this thread and see if the advice helps you..

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4926.page
I don't get this. When I first got the program, I went to capture video from my JVC GR-D396U and wasn't getting the option to capture from a DV camera.. only from my audio microphone or from a DVD camcorder. the rest of the options were "grayed out." Turns out, I was connecting the camera to my PC through the USB port. Oops. So, I went out and got a firewire card and cable to connect my camera to the PC. Installed it, and *presto*. Worked like a charm - captured video with no problem and burned to a DVD.

Fast forward to today (7 days later.) I go to capture another DV tape into PD, and.... we're right back to square one. It's giving me only yhe option to capture audio through my microphone or from a (non-existent) DVD camcorder. I checked everything.. the camera is powered up, in play mode, the cable is plugged into the DV output on the camera, into the firewire card in the PC (which the PC is recognizing as working normally. Nothing has changed. I rebooted twice, unplugged and replugged everything.. doesn't matter. I still can't capture from the camera.

Anyone have a clue why this would happen and how to rectify? TIA.
Thanks Jeff ! Changed to Smart Fit and LPCM sound and now it works. Appreciate the help...
Quote: Evilgrin72,

You probably need to do a little experimenting. From what you say, it plays the menus but not any video almost leads me to an audio format issue perhaps. I've had trouble with Dolby on some players and they behave similar to what you describe. I'd try the following:
1) Use a good quality disk, some cheapies just make good coasters
2) Try LPCM audio format instead of Dolby

Some more info on what you actually burnt would help.
DVD, SP, LP, HQ?
DVD capacity?
Audio format?
type of initial footage?

From the specs and users feedback I don't really see any issues with your player:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers/toshiba-sd4900/3245

Jeff

Thanks for responding, Jeff. I captured the video from my JVC GR-396U DV camera and simply burned the (slightly) edited capture to a Memorex DVD+RW 4x 4.7 GB disc. I used the defaults in the create disc preferences - DVD HQ video quality and Dolby Digital sound. Does this help? If there's a way to obtain further info from the program or the saved project, please just let me know where to find such and I'll be happy to convey it. Should I simply change the audio format to LPCM and re-burn it? Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.
I just made my first movie with Power Director 7 and while the disc burned just fine and plays back just fine on my PC, when I put the disc into my DVD player (Toshiba SD-4900) - the menu screens come right up and function properly, but as soon as I attempt to play anything, the disc stops. Whether selecting from the chapter screens or just attempting to play the entire disc, the second you select anything from the menu or hit PLAY, the DVD player goes to "STOP" and the only way to get it out of "STOP" mode and do anything is to eject and re-insert the disc. The DVD players claims to support playback of DVD-RW and DVD+RW disc formats as well as MPEG video, so I am stumped.

Anyone have a similar problem or an explanation? Thanks.
Go to: