Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 suddenly can't capture.. getting frustrated
[Post New]
I don't get this. When I first got the program, I went to capture video from my JVC GR-D396U and wasn't getting the option to capture from a DV camera.. only from my audio microphone or from a DVD camcorder. the rest of the options were "grayed out." Turns out, I was connecting the camera to my PC through the USB port. Oops. So, I went out and got a firewire card and cable to connect my camera to the PC. Installed it, and *presto*. Worked like a charm - captured video with no problem and burned to a DVD.

Fast forward to today (7 days later.) I go to capture another DV tape into PD, and.... we're right back to square one. It's giving me only yhe option to capture audio through my microphone or from a (non-existent) DVD camcorder. I checked everything.. the camera is powered up, in play mode, the cable is plugged into the DV output on the camera, into the firewire card in the PC (which the PC is recognizing as working normally. Nothing has changed. I rebooted twice, unplugged and replugged everything.. doesn't matter. I still can't capture from the camera.

Anyone have a clue why this would happen and how to rectify? TIA.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Could be a few things, I'm sure BUT check out this post :-

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4678.page#18079

I hope your camera's firewire isn't fried.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
I sincerely hope so because I just blew $50 on a firewire card and associated cable and only connected the thing once. The connection being tempermental is one thing... frying the input on the camera inside of a week with barely any movement (and certainly no "trauma") would be a few levels beyond that.