Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've had PD8 for some years now and I really do love all the features it provides but I have always been dissapointed in the slo mo feature. It works well but for the sort of work I do it really is something that I need to work exceptionally well. I am after butter smooth slow motion, especially down to about 10% speed. I want to continue using PD8 for all my projects but the slo mo feature lets me down.

Even on my GoPro at 50fps (PAL) I still cannot get really smooth slo mo. Can anyone suggest a workaround perhaps in another program just to render my slo mo so I can then import it into PD8. My son does his thru Adobe After Effects together with Twixtor and it renders slo mo flawlessly right down to 1% speed. My 32 bit computer will not accept these programs so I have to look at something else. I have read reviews about Sony Vegas which charges an arm and a leg but even their slo mo feature is unacceptable.

It was suggested I try the "Interpolated Technology" option in PD8 but I have found this to be worse.

Cheers
Bob
Just a follow up on this problem I had posted, I have discovered a bizzar finding. By changing the name of the .MOV file from lets say MVI_2196 to something like Hibiscus, PD8 recognises it and will allow me to edit it.

Also, when the MVI_2196 file is in the library or the master track, by right clicking and then selecting "Properties" it says "Type: Quick Time" but after renaming the file to Hibiscus, adding it to the library and master track, right click, select "properties" it says "Type: H.264 AVC"

I'm not sure but it appears PD8 couldn't recognise the file due to it's file name. Just thought I'd mention this as I see from the search engine on this sight that several other people had this problem I experienced but I didn't see any solutions to their problems.

Neil, I wonder if this would have solved your problem when you experienced it in your earlier version.
I see, that was easy. The Mov file I used was 87mb and was reduced to just over 30mb both in MPE2 HD1080i ans the H.264 AVC AVCHD 1920 x 1080 but at least it worked. I tried the + button you mentioned but wasn't sure what figures to change where.

Bob
Cubbyhouse/Carl, thanks

I realise this is not the place to post but may I ask which software did you use to convert these files? It sounds like the go.

Cheers
Thanks
I have the latest Quicktime installed, I have PD8 Ultra version 3022. It's all very odd, might have to go back to my Panasonic video camera unfortunately.
Hi
I have PD8 and am having trouble editing clips from my Canon 5D MKII camera. Importing these MOV files into the library is fine and I can play them, I then import these files into the master video track, so far so good, the problem is from here. I can't play them or edit them, when I go to play them I get the following message.

"CPD could not construct the media source as a graph, this may be due to a lack of decoding filters for the file you are trying to edit"

I have had PD8 for a few years now and never had any trouble with my Panasonic video camera files, I was hoping someone knows how to fix this one.

Thanks in advance
Bob
Thanks Andrew

I was going to burn with power2Go anyway with regards to the stuttering problems I have previously submitted using my panasonic camera. The only reluctance with using all my 3rd party programs (Power2Go, Nero, IMGburn) is that I have to make a data disc, this means no menu, but I have no choice.

Good to know that i may not experience the pause issue which I have read about.

Cheers

Bob
Hi Everyone

My first HD project is drawing to a close and in a few weeks I will be ready to start burning. The project is made up of M2TS files so I will be producing and burning AVCHD discs. I anticipate it will end up about 40 minutes long and between 5-6 GB. I will of course need to burn to a DL disc which I will play on my PS3. I have been reading up on which DL discs to purchase and read that there is usually a pause of up to a few seconds where the layers will change. Does anyone here burn AVCHD projects to DL discs and find this is happening.

Regards

Bob
When the last patch (2704) came out, I installed it and for the very first time I had problems with burning discs, an error "Powerdirector Has Stopped Working" came up and had to close. My heart sank thinking that all that hard work had been to no avail. In desperation I re-installed the original application ver 2013 and the problem went away. In fact apart from the issues I have with stuttering of AVCHD files from my panasonic camera which I have reported earlier, I didn't have any other issues with ver 2013 at all.

So I kept using 2013 until the new patch 3022 came out yesterday and alas, the same problem. Tried uninstalling, re-installing twice and the same "Powerdirector Has Stopped Working" error message comes up on burning discs. Sometimes immediately, sometimes at around 21%. It leaves the discs unusable as it burns a tiny ring at the beginning.

So I have gone back to 2013 as the old saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it none".

BTW for those of you with newish panasonic cameras who burn AVCHD discs and are experiencing stuttering problems after colour boards, photos and during slow motion, try editing and producing using PD8 but burn your discs using Power2Go. There is no stutter. I have also tried other 3rd party burning programs such as Nero Vision and IMG Burn and they all burn fine without the stutter. I use Power2Go as I wish to remain loyal to Cyberlink, of course I would prefer to burn with PD8. Standard DVD discs are fine, dunno why it's so but it is.

Love my PD8
I want to burn an AVCHD disc with a clickable menu, is this possible? I have created my AVCHD folder which contains a menu using PowerDirector 8 but want to burn this as an AVCHD disc with Power2Go.

Open Data Disc
Selected DVD
Located the file
Dragged the file into the disc compilation
Chose UDF 2.5 in configuration
Burnt to disc.

When played back on my PS3 I don't get a clickable menu which starts the DVD but instead only get the option to play either the menu on it's own or the main movie on it's own. Is it possible to burn an AVCHD disc with a clickable menu in Power2Go like you can in Power Director 8?
Thanks Fred, will see what turns up
Hope it's not you Californians just spinnng a yarn! I've been holding my breath on this upgrade hoping it's going to fix the panasonic camera issues.
Update for PD8?........Build 3518?............Friday?
Thanks for the info Nicolas

Please have a look at the attachment of my burning project with Power2go. The top one in the compilation is the created file which I created with PD8, the one under it is the produced file which I produced with PD8. If I were to burn just the produced file the I would be able to play that file on my PS3 no problems as a data disc.

If I were to burn the created file then in my PS3 I would need to open the file, My Video, BDMV, Stream, then nothing appears.

Alternatively if I were to start all over again in Power2go, locate my file first, open my video, open BDMV, open stream, the file displays. Take that file and dump it into the compilation for burning, this is no different to just finding the produced file and dumping that into the compilation. They are both the same. Either one will burn and play just fine this way. Any further thoughts on this. I'm not talking about burning standard DVD projects as this is no problem burning in PD8, I'm only talking about burning AVCHD projects using m2ts files from my panasonic camera.

I'm more than happy to know where 'm going wrong if I am.

Bob
Nicolas, I don't see the difference between a produced file which sits on it's own and a created file which is the same thing in a folder, in my case they are both MPEG-2 TRANSPORT STREAM which are both m2ts files. I get the same result whether I import the produced file or whether I import the created file. The same results when tested with both imgburn and power2go, both burnt a data disc to dvd..................unless of course I am doing something wrong!
Barry,

I just realised I have Power2Go and tried burning one of my files, it worked well but no difference in quality to what imgburn offered unless I'm doing something wrong. I "Produced" my file as AVCHD 1920x1080 in PD8, opened power2go and dropped the produced file into the bottom pane and hit burn. It created a data disc on a DVD.

I didn't change any preferences just left everything as is, does this sound right?

Bob
Well done Nicolas,

For the first time I was able to burn a PD project with completely smooth results. On the down-side, I would rate PD8 disc burning quality 10/10 whereas I did notice a slight degradation with imgburn and would rate it's burn quality at about 8/10. However, I am willing to sacrifice a little burn quality in preference to the stuttering issues that PD8 has with Panasonic files in AVCHD.

As a PD loyalist, I am eager to see PD solve these burning issues. I can now get on with my PD8 projects knowing I have a positive result while the issue is being resolved.

Thanks again.

Bob
While we're on this subject, and I know that this site is not designed to advertise 3rd party programs, but as I'm still having this long lasting stuttering problem with panasonics SD9 camera using .mt2s files, I thought about burning my project to file with PD8 then burning the file to disc with another program to see if this stuttering problem is still there. Does anyone know a free download off the web that will burn AVCHD files to disc so I can experiment?

Keeping in mind that the stuttering does not occur when playing both the "Produced" file or the "Created" file back on my computer. It only occurs when it's burnt to disc. I believe this problem is being looked into by PD but I'm also not holding my breath.

Strangely enough, I have Nero 7 that should do this for me but when I attempt to import the small file which I created with PD8, Nero crashes everytime.

My apologies if I have breached the forum's policy with this request.

Bob
Tony

I grit my teeth and closed my eyes and uninstalled PD8 and re-installed, didn't want to do this as I had visions of all my work dissapearing. On the contrary, I have now been able to both create a file and disc with no problems at 3.5 GB. I guess I must have had something corrupt that has now been removed. I am running on ver 2013 in case it's something in the latest version that is not compatable with my files.

I would like to thank you for your response.

PS......love my PD8!
Hi Tony

I'm burning to AVCHD disc and also tried burning to file. I first put a menu in and the problem occurred so I took the menu out and still no change, several times.

I tried a few burning to both disc and file in standard DVD and file with and without a menu and all worked fine on each occassion.

By "standard" I mean HQ DVD settings burning to a stardard DVD and by "AVCHD" I mean AVCHD settings burning to a standard DVD.

Bob
Go to: