Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn CREATE FOLDER dilemma
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I often use “Create Folder” instant of burning direct to a DVD (and especially on BD). Then always use an ISO or image burner like PowerISO or IMGburn to final burn the disk. But I’m very curious about PowerDirector:

If you go to the burning help topic of PD, it says (textually):
Selecting Create a folder in the Burn window creates a folder on your computer that contains all the files necessary for burning. This folder can then be burned to disc at a later date.

What does PD means with “…This folder can then be burned to disc at a later date”. Does anyone know how to do that with PD?. I know that you can import the media folder, but then you have to start over the menu construction.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know you cannot burn it later with PD. I think CyberLink makes software to burn images, but I normally just use my regular disc burning software. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jaime to confirm me that. It was only a PD curiosity. The help topic must say: Selecting Create a folder in the Burn window creates a folder on your computer that contains all the files necessary for burning. This folder can then be burned to disc at a later date….... but you need an external program to do it.
Bob50 [Avatar]
Member Location: Australia Joined: Dec 12, 2008 23:40 Messages: 88 Offline
[Post New]
While we're on this subject, and I know that this site is not designed to advertise 3rd party programs, but as I'm still having this long lasting stuttering problem with panasonics SD9 camera using .mt2s files, I thought about burning my project to file with PD8 then burning the file to disc with another program to see if this stuttering problem is still there. Does anyone know a free download off the web that will burn AVCHD files to disc so I can experiment?

Keeping in mind that the stuttering does not occur when playing both the "Produced" file or the "Created" file back on my computer. It only occurs when it's burnt to disc. I believe this problem is being looked into by PD but I'm also not holding my breath.

Strangely enough, I have Nero 7 that should do this for me but when I attempt to import the small file which I created with PD8, Nero crashes everytime.

My apologies if I have breached the forum's policy with this request.

Bob Windows Vista™ Home Premium
HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ Processor: 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3068MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
Panasonic SDC-HD9 AVCHD
NicolasNY
[Post New]
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit http://www.imgburn.com and its free

More reviews:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImgBurn
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I use Cyberlink Power2Go. Reasonable priced, and usually fool-proof. There is a free version available on the CL website as part of membership. Or try a trial.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2010 05:52

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: I use Cyberlink Power2Go.

Of course Power2Go is my first burning program, but you can not burn video DVD's or BD's having just the DVD or BD folder structure. Many other programs do it. It will be nice if Power2Go also do that or PD would can burn and .ISO to.. Maybe in future releases. IMGburn can burn directly video files structures including AVCHD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2010 00:32

Bob50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well done Nicolas,

For the first time I was able to burn a PD project with completely smooth results. On the down-side, I would rate PD8 disc burning quality 10/10 whereas I did notice a slight degradation with imgburn and would rate it's burn quality at about 8/10. However, I am willing to sacrifice a little burn quality in preference to the stuttering issues that PD8 has with Panasonic files in AVCHD.

As a PD loyalist, I am eager to see PD solve these burning issues. I can now get on with my PD8 projects knowing I have a positive result while the issue is being resolved.

Thanks again.

Panasonic SDC-HD9 AVCHD
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Nicolas,
I have burned many folders with PD 5-8, and P2Go eats 'em up.
I never tried BD folders, but I imagine they'll burn too. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Quote: As far as I know you cannot burn it later with PD. I think CyberLink makes software to burn images, but I normally just use my regular disc burning software.

I never figured out hot to create a DVD, AVCHD or BD with PD, using the folder structure. Can you tell me how?. Also in Power2Go.

Thanks in advance.
Nicolas

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 05. 2010 00:33

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
In PD, after your project is ready, go to burn the disc module and it will give you the choice to burn to disc, and/or folder. This forum also has a "hack" to enable the BD folder option.
These folders can be burned in P2Go.
Even better, for DVD, if you burn the disc folder as "DATA" disc, it will allow you to archive the original material on the disc. That means you can play the disc on your TV, but also retain, on the same disc, the files for printing, archiving, whatever. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have burned a DVD using the folder structure, but I believe it must be burned in the UDF file format instead of ISO. Some DVD players may recognize either, but I have found many that will see a ISO disc as a data disc and not play the movie. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: ..I believe it must be burned in the UDF file format instead of ISO.

Yes, DVD, AVCHD and BD video disk must be burned in UDF format from the folder structure. I mix up the ISO term, is the IMG of the UDF image file to burn. PD just creates the folder structure. It will be a nice recommendation to Cyberlink to include the disk IMAGE file creation ready to burn, or the capability to read the file structure from disk and burn it like Pinnacle, Video Studio (that was my original post question)
Quote: ..These folders can be burned in P2Go

How?. PowerISO, IMGburn and many other programs can create the image in UDF from the folder structure and burn it as example. Are you talking just has a data disk?
Quote: ..Even better, for DVD, if you burn the disc folder as "DATA" disc, it will allow you to archive the original material on the disc.

Like Jaime says, not all DVD players can read data. If you want to preserve the original files, what I do is to create the folder structure and add an extra folder beside the TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders, called what ever you want and store the original there. Then use PowerISO or IMGburn to create the UDF DVD, so you can watch your movie and have the data also.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2010 00:33

James Dotson
[Post New]
If you want to preserve the original files, what I do is to create the folder structure and add an extra folder beside the TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders, called what ever you want and store the original there. Then use PowerISO or IMGburn to create the UDF DVD, so you can watch your movie and have the data also.

I've done this to add an HD video to a standard DVD. They could watch the DVD in a player, or watch the HD video on their computer. It worked great. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
For some reason I believe P2go makes you start as a DATA disc, then when you add the DVD folders, it asks you if you want the disk playable in a DVD player.
The end result is DATA on a disc that also plays in a DVD player.
I burn all my video discs this way. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Barry you’re perfectly right
Quote: For some reason I believe P2go makes you start as a DATA disc, then when you add the DVD folders, it asks you if you want the disk playable in a DVD player.

I never bother to do something like that. I spend a time reading the help of P2GO and never found it. I never expected that P2Go answer me with that window. That's life.

Barry have you ever try it with a AVCHD or BD folders?.. I will never use PowerISO or IMGburn again if that works LOL. Thanks.

Regards,
Nicolas
[Thumb - P2GO.jpg]
 Filename
P2GO.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Drag folder structure and convert to UDF
 Filesize
166 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
317 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 05. 2010 00:32

Bob50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry,

I just realised I have Power2Go and tried burning one of my files, it worked well but no difference in quality to what imgburn offered unless I'm doing something wrong. I "Produced" my file as AVCHD 1920x1080 in PD8, opened power2go and dropped the produced file into the bottom pane and hit burn. It created a data disc on a DVD.

I didn't change any preferences just left everything as is, does this sound right?

Panasonic SDC-HD9 AVCHD
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Bobby i just read your post and maybe this answer your question ( I think Barry will agree):
Quote: Barry have you ever try it with a AVCHD or BD folders?.. I will never use PowerISO or IMGburn again if that works LOL

I just experiment with AVCHD and BD folder structures created in PD8 “create disk” tab (not in the "Produce" tab) and try to do the same as with the DVD folder in P2GO.

Unfortunately if you drag the BDMV folder to P2GO it only creates a data disk, so apparently P2GO doesn’t create a UDF disk for BDMV folders. It only works for DVD structure. So you may stay with IMGburn in the cases of AVCHD or BD.

Maybe there is another way to do it but not the same as the picture that i show in my last post. Let me know if your figured out.

Nicolas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2010 00:58

Bob50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nicolas, I don't see the difference between a produced file which sits on it's own and a created file which is the same thing in a folder, in my case they are both MPEG-2 TRANSPORT STREAM which are both m2ts files. I get the same result whether I import the produced file or whether I import the created file. The same results when tested with both imgburn and power2go, both burnt a data disc to dvd..................unless of course I am doing something wrong! Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Panasonic SDC-HD9 AVCHD
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I do not have BD equipment, so I do not know.
As far as DVD goes, P2Go is my go-to-burner.
Lightning fast on folders. I would LIKE to know, as BD could be in my future. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)