Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've been having all sorts of problems with PD7 and the latest patch. The patch that is needed because the player stopped playing any DVD's. Anyway with some help from Cyberlink support I got the patch on. Only to find that the menus on HD DVD's no longer work. Odd I thought so sent another mail to the support guys...this was their response -

"Note: The update patch 4617a only supports Blu-ray playback.

Note: After Toshiba made their announcement that it will no longer develop, manufacture and market HD DVD format discs and the fact that there will be limited new title releases in HD DVD format, CyberLink has decided to remove HD DVD support from PowerDVD Software. "

So basically the patch has downgraded the software, I don't know where I stand on the trade descriptions act with this as the main product was sold with HD DVD support...now it seems I've lost that. So what now....I have a large number of HD DVD's that I can't view any more......argh!!

Go to: