Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for Mediainfo. Been looking for something to replace Gspot for ages now.
Note, I am not asking about BD output or burning, just getting an m2ts file (the AVC .MPEG4 option under Produce).

According to the comparison page this requires Ultra. However, a very adamant fellow over in another forum claims it works fine in Deluxe. I also found a review that specifically stated AVCHD output from Deluxe was supported.

So, which is it?
It could be my playback solution is iffy, but if I playback interlaced content I sometimes see uneven edges while panning and such, same as if I watch on my computer without turning deinterlace on in the player.

Come to think of it, it's probably because my media jukebox outputs progressive constantly, so the TV has no way of knowing it needs to deinterlace, and the jukebox isn't doing it for some reason. I'll have a look at the settings. But I digress.

I can find no way in PD7 to change frame rate to anything but 25 and 30. And I have no interest in producing Blu-rays, I just want to output a file. Does it in fact output a 50i/60i file since that essentially translates to 25p/30p? Or is what's produced when selecting to create a BD not reproducible when creating a file?

I wish there was a tool that would actually tell me something about these files. Nothing I've found will tell me whether they're interlaced or progressive. Makes experimenting and checking the output rather difficult.

If there's no licensing issue it just seems like an arbitrary decision not to allow 1080p output. Unless the encoding engine does not support it, but that seems rather unlikely.

Since my camera is still a few weeks away, I'll play around with it some more. Perhaps using ffdshow to output x264 isn't such a hassle as I imagine it might be and that might do the trick. Or I'll end up accepting the limitation given sufficient time to not find any suitable alternatives. Either way, thank you for your time.
I don't know enough about video encoding to say anything about the veracity of what you say. But frame rate conversion has been a huge "Avoid if at all possible" whenever I've seen the topic show up. Also interlaced tends to give some visual issues at times when playing back on my devices, but that might be due to lower framerate interlaced of course.

Call me hung up, but it just annoys me. My playback device is progressive, my TV is progressive, my source material is progressive. I just don't want to add interlaced to the mix.

Either way, it makes no sense to me to not support it. The only reason I can think of is licensing issues. If that's the case they should just say so and we'll know it won't be showing up anytime soon.
Topic says it all really. I'm about to purchase a camera that captures full 1080p and I'd really rather not have to output edited footage to 1080i. From what I can tell from the trial and other forum posts, 1080i is currently the highest supported output, for some strange reason.

I guess it's technically possible to get 1080p out of it by using a Windows codec like ffdshow, but that's jumping through hoops and I'd really rather avoid that.

Anybody heard anything?
Go to: