Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had the same issue where PDVD9 Ultra would not go to fullscreen. I went online and updated the software and that fixed teh problem for about a month. I noticed yesterday it is back to playing movies with a border around the entire screen again.
OK, here is a second Blu Ray title that causes the blue screen of death. "The Woman" It is actually a horrible movie so maybe this is a feature of PowerDVD. Rather than torturing you with a really bad movie, it simply crashes your system. Unfortunately my Samsung player played the first 15 minutes just fine. I had to shut it off myself after that.
Question ID: CS000579313
Related Product: PowerDVD
Customer Support: vcyashpal
Last login time: 2008-12-03 07:23:33.797
Quote: Which screen resolution of your environment ?
1920x1080 or others...

I use 1920x1080. I wonder if there is a log file kept somewhere that I could post that shows what is happening..

I did, find a resoolution. I am now the proud owner of a Samsung Stand-alone Blu Ray player. Works great every time and every disc.

CyberLink support has not been able to help at all other than to say that they will look to see if others have this problem.
...ok, to add more titles to my list that don't play

The X-Files: I Want to Believe - Blu Ray freezes after 1 second and locks up. Requires Hard Reboot

Journey to the Center of the Earth - Blu Ray Causes Blue Screen of Death and Vista Warning. Opened Ticket on this.

No Reservations - Blu Ray, PC did not even recognise that Disc was inserted in Drive.

Am I the only one that can't play 25% of the Blu Ray Titles I rent? Id this a SW Problem with PowerDVD? Any suggestions?
Anyone else having this problem? BD advisor says ok for basic play but I just get the Java style spinning dots and than my PC freezes. Cannot eject Blu Ray and have to hard reboot.
My Dell XPS420 Vista Ultimate 32 bit system came with PowerDVD DX 7. It was working fine with my Blu-ray rips until recently when an update from Cyberlink disabled this feature. The update was requirred to play a certain disc, and caused a message stating PDVD does not support virtual drives required to play rips.

OK, I will not discuss my feelings on the above issue, as I simply decided to pay for the retail version of PowerDVD Ultra 8.

After upgrading to PowerDVD 8 Ultra, I found that it would not play Blu Rays. Strange, because my old copy of PDVD DX from dell did play them.

BD Advisor advised me that my ATI driver was out of date and there was a URL to the driver on the ATI site.

After selecting the version for Vista 32 bit ATI Radeon 3800 series, it took me to the screen to download and install. The install failed. I tried to reinstall several times with reboots inbetween. I recieved the same failure.

BD Advisor says everything in basic playback is green now. Not sure why. Some Blu rays play now. Other Blu Rays cause the screen to change resolution, go black and than get a blue screen with a Vista forces shutdown error screen.

Help! What do I do?

Go to: