Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Let me preface by saying, I love the features of PowerDirector 7. I love the layout. Everything. However, it lags horribly and freezes up a ton. I can barely get anything done with all the waiting and/or rebooting I have to do. I installed the latest update too. It still moves at a snail's pace much of the time. After paying $70, this is a huge disappointment to say the least. Any suggestions?

Computer specs
Windows XP
2 gb RAM
3.4 GHz Pentium

That's what I'm doing (except in AVI format). I told you, saving a video as it is works. I just can't click the Video/Audio Settings tab in the Settings screen (step 2) in the Production Wizard. An error message pops up and the program closes. Let me explain again.

I click Produce, and then...

Step 1: Create a File ---> Next

Step 2: AVI ---> Settings tab (the wrench icon) ---> Video/Audio Settings ---> Error

This isn't a big problem for me. I was mostly curious as to what options were in this part. It just annoys me because I want to purchase this program, but bugs like this give me second thoughts.
This is what I'm doing.

1) Click Produce
2) Choose the Save as File option
3) Select AVI
4) Click the settings icon
5) Click the Video/Audio Settings tab
6) Bam! Error, and I have to close the program

Saving the video works fine, but I can't tinker with the video/audio settings. I am running the Trial Version.
That's a great tip. I was accustomed to Sony Vegas allowing me to move video along the timeline. But my Vegas program is no more. It died on me. Other than this minor quirk, I am really digging Power Director. It seems way more professional than Vegas and has some great options.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Is there any way to move video to certain locations on the timeline? All my video wants to attach to the left side. That's annoying me.

Thanks.
Go to: