Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7: Most frustrating software I've ever worked with
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Let me preface by saying, I love the features of PowerDirector 7. I love the layout. Everything. However, it lags horribly and freezes up a ton. I can barely get anything done with all the waiting and/or rebooting I have to do. I installed the latest update too. It still moves at a snail's pace much of the time. After paying $70, this is a huge disappointment to say the least. Any suggestions?

Computer specs
Windows XP
2 gb RAM
3.4 GHz Pentium

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I've run PD7 on a single CPU with XP and 2 gb of ram and did not encounter the problems you're referring to. The issues you're experiencing are likely to be your system being stressed - insufficient processing capability for the task you're asking it to perform or even a hardware failure.

Clean your system with a defrag, remove temp files, allow sufficient hard drive space, place your project at a "short" address location on your hard drive. Uninstall and re-install PD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 05. 2009 03:44

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Dan,

What kind of video files are you trying to work with? Can you also post how large your hard drive is and how much free space do you have available. Can you also report your CPU usage (from task manager) when using PD?

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT