Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the info, Hiro. It is just bad that Cyberlink won't get around to approving newer video cards. As noted, I'll get my new monitor later this week, and that problem should solve itself. I'm hoping not to have the other conflict issues you note, as I have the latest NVIDIA drivers for the card.

BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, if I haven't already noted. The XP issue you were having hopefully won't be a problem for me.

Again, I'll post back when I get the monitor and let you know the status. I will be livid if I can't play Blu-Ray discs on a powerful computer, an HDCP-compliant graphics card and a HDCP-compliant monitor, all because Cyberlink won't update the approved graphics card list.

Thanks again for the information.

Carl
Quote: I hear if your GPU isn't on Cyberlink's approved list, it's game over. My card is a mid-range Radeon HD 4670 1GB and it plays BD flawlessly with TMT (Total Media Theatre), but not really anymore with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 4617 since it's not on Cyberlink's approved list.

Well, that would suck. It's a brand new NVIDIA GTX 260 card - 896MB. Actually, under "Unknown" for the BD Advisor it says "The tested item meets the minimum requirement, but is still below the recommended requirement. System can still play some movies very well, but for certain titles the user may notice performance or quality issues."

896MB is below the recommended requirement? What is the recommended requirement? 1 GB? Or is there another type of requirement that my card is falling below the recommended requirement of? It's not more specific - the quote I gave you above is all it says. The card just came out in June, and kicks the ass of other cards the Cyberlink website lists as recommended, such as the GeForce 7600 GT. The Cyberlink website says the card needs to be 256MB RAM - I'm well above that.

When I put in a Spider-Man 3 Blu-Ray disc, the tile menu started for about three or four seconds before the "Fail to Enable HDCP" message came up. I'm still hoping it's a monitor issue, and I'm 95% certain my monitor (from 2004 or 2005) isn't HDCP-compliant. Maybe it will work once I get the new monitor - Amazon.com should deliver it on Wednesday. I'll check back and let you know.
I'm going to go ahead and note that the issue has been solved. I tried to put in a Blu-Ray disc (can't play it as I just learned I don't have an HDCP-compliant monitor), but it caused PowerDVD to download a very, very large (86.2MB) and now the software works (using the Bose speakers) without a problem. The update didn't come up until I attempted to play a Blu-Ray disc, and I guess maybe it never would have if I didn't have a new Blu-Ray drive and tried to operate it, but a computer problem is solved.
I have the same issue (Vista 64-bit Ultimate). I know the LG Blu-Ray burner reads blank Blu-Ray discs, and plays regular DVDs.

I ran the BD Advisor. It gives me an "unknown" for the graphics card, but it should be okay as my NVIDIA GTX 260 (ASUS) is supposed to be compliant with HDCP, per the asus.com website, and a red "no" for video connection type. I'm connected via DVI cable to a monitor that is several years old (Syncmaster 213T from 2004 or 2005 or so). I've ordered a Syncmaster T260, which, according to product specs on the Samsung website is "DVI with HDCP."

Is my monitor the problem, and is a new monitor going to correct it?
I just got a new computer (Vista Ultimate 64-bit) and everything was fine until I installed Bose Companion 5 speakers (these hook up via USB). The speakers work fine with all other software, as far as I can tell, but PowerDVD crashes whenever it is opened, now that I have installed these speakers. Sometimes it will open, but when I try to play a DVD, it crashes. I can't even get PowerDVD to begin to start up the DVD drive as long as my Bose speakers are the sound Default Device.

My workaround:

1. Go to Control Panel: Speakers and set any other speakers as Default Device
2. Open PowerDVD and get a DVD playing (no sound at this point)
3. Go to Control Panel: Speakers and set Bose USB Audio as Default Device (still no sound at this point, though the DVD is playing)
4. Go to Configuration on the PowerDVD, Audio, and then change the Speaker Environment to any other environment (# of speakers). Now audio plays on PowerDVD.

If I close PowerDVD and re-open it, I need to start with the same workaround as noted above to get things going.

Now, I have a workaround that isn't the end of the world, but isn't there a way for PowerDVD to just recognize and play with the Bose Companion speakers as the Default Device from the beginning, without this workaround?

Any help appreciated.
Go to: