Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3975.page

JL answer (2nd to last post) may achieve what you want?

I saw that but I'm looking for a simpler solution.

Stephanie asked "Does it work the same way for for the disc main page? I know some templates display a video on the main page in addition to the ones in the chapter pages, but I couldn't find were to chose which part of the video to put there."

Same question I have but she didn't get an answer.

Okay, I tried the suggestion in the other thread and here's my problem. It puts the video in the background but still leaves the video that's in the template there. So it's video over video. Do I HAVE to create a new template?

There has to be a better solution to this.
Quote: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3975.page

JL answer (2nd to last post) may achieve what you want?

I saw that but I'm looking for a simpler solution.

Stephanie asked "Does it work the same way for for the disc main page? I know some templates display a video on the main page in addition to the ones in the chapter pages, but I couldn't find were to chose which part of the video to put there."

Same question I have but she didn't get an answer.
I'm using Powerdirector 7.

I have 4 chapters for my video. How do I make chapter 4 the video thumbnail I want playing on the main DVD menu screen? It only appears to default to chapter 1.
After a fresh reboot, I do the following:

1. Open PowerDirector
2. Open file
3. Click create disc
4. Disc is created/burned successfully

When I try to burn another copy, my computer freezes up.....everytime.

Even if I try to select burn 2 copies, it will get to about 22% on the 2nd burn and just freeze until I restart.

I have plenty of hard disk space and no other programs are running.
Anyone?
Need some help. I have to hard reset my computer after each burn in order to make more copies. Why is this? I'm running:

Pentium 4 3 Ghz
3.25 GB RAM
Windows XP SP2
PowerDirector 7 Deluxe
7.00.2227c

Some help please.
Quote:

2-3 Look at the seventh line down - what is the "PROJECT VERSION" <PROJECT VERSION="0601"
2-4 End of the ninth start of the tenth does it read CyberLink PowerDirector 7? Or what Has the title name of the video
2-5 same as 2-3 but 13 and 14th line. Has a bunch of code with CTemplate, Information Creator, etc.

Dafydd

See above. I had already downloaded the patch before I saw your response. Instead of getting the previous message, it said "An error occurred opening this media file."

But then I browsed to find the file and when I opened it, it worked fine.

Interesting. Anyhow, all's good.>
Okay, so everything worked out except one issue. The project I created in the trial version will not open in the registered version. It actually says the trial software is a NEWER version than my registered copy?

What does that mean?
Quote: Please contact online support.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I would have suggested you looked up:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

The activation key is NOT the problem and should function. The basic issue is what you've laid out - you've tried to activate a trial and messed everything up etc.

Dafydd

I've followed PART C and am re-downloading the software from the url in my activation email. Crossing my fingers.....
I have a project that I completed and needs to be burned by THIS Friday and will not open. Nor can I get the activation key to accept.

I know what I've done wrong but need it fixed. This is for PowerDirector 7 Deluxe.

Here is what I did:
1. Downloaded the trial version
2. Created a project to see how I would like it.
3. Purchased the full version and downloaded from the email link with the activation code in the url.
4. Tried to use activation key with trial version. Key worked but then software asked for activation pack location (never found)
5. Closed trial version and tried to install full version (couldn't)
6. Read online that I needed to uninstall trial version (done)
7. Installed full version
8. Tried to open project created in PD7 Trial. Snapshots were loaded but the AVI file (the actual video) would not load.
9. Tried to activate PD7 full version with key. Says key is incorrect.

So basically two questions: How do I get a new activation key and how do I get the avi file to open?
Go to: