Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I got it direct from R&D through Dafydd. He may be able to provide as I am not sure that it is in distribution.
SUCCESS! I got the latest build (2416) and it solved my hang problem.
Hi Dafydd,

It appears Calvin is experiencing the same problems we have been discussing. Let me know if there is anything that I can provide.

Cheers,
Jeff
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to break the file down and was frustrated by the fact that it threw all of the added audio out of alignment with the production, but realigned it the best that I could. I found the hang point and dialed that video component back, then it hung up sooner, so I dialed it back again and it hung up sooner still.

I don't understand that if this is a common problem that the software has not been fixed. My production is relatively straight forward - photos interspersed with video and audio added to complement the visual. I have not put a bunch of additional features and tricks in and I still can't get it to do these basics without failing. This doesn't even consider the too-numerous-to-count times that I have had to shut down the application because it hung during edit as I clicked between tasks.

Sorry that I am beyond frustrated at this point...
I have stripped off all of the added audio on a subset of the production and it still hangs. While it may be that the video component that I added throughout is corrupt, it is surprising that the software successfully detected scenes within and has played fine in movie preview.
Hi Dafydd,

Now that I have the project materials packed, is there any way for the project to recognize the new directory location or do I have to completely recreate the project using the new location?
Well, the results were less than desirable. I broke the file into 4 parts. Part 1 contained the least amount of video and the burn to file was successful. Parts 2, 3 and 4 failed at 25%, 41% and 36% respectively during Create. I also tried to Produce in which each failed at 8%, 33% and 26% respectively. In Parts 2 and 4, the CPU was pegged at 100%, while Part 3 failed with ~50% CPU. I did as tech support suggested in cleaning off temp files, running in Select Startup to eliminate any other application interference, have no other burning software installed and uninstalled then reinstalled the software including the most recent patch.

All of the video that I including in the production was downloaded from my dvd camcorder and played fine in the movie preview. As I mentioned, I did use one video clip in the successfully burned Part 1.

I did try to apply VirtualSpeaker and took motion menu off but was still not successful.
HI Dafydd,

Thank you for helping me try to resolve my problem.

Results:

Part A:
PowerDirector Deluxe 7.00.2227c

Part H:
Test 1: Burning Successful
Test 2: Burning Successful

Part D:
Opened PD7 v.7.002227c (no other apps open)
Open file Africa 2008.pds
Select "no" on merge into current library
All media files load along with timeline of production
PD movie mode played everything in timeline
Go to Create Disk
Generated Chapters 100% completion
Select Burn - create a DVD folder
Required Space: 3273 MB; Space Available 275.4 GB
PD hangs while Producing Titles 39%, CPU pegged at 100%, no further progress for 2 hours, use Task Manager to End Task

Go to Create Disk
Generated Chapters 100% completion
Select Burn - Disk, 1 Copy
PD completed Motion Menu
PD hangs while Producing Titles 39%, CPU pegged at 100%, no further progress for 20 minutes, use Task Manager to End Task

Go to Produce
Create a File
Select .MPEG2
Profile Quality DVD SP, Next
Save to: C:\Users\Fetzer Family\Documents\Produce.mpg
Uncheck Enable Preview During Production
Select Start Rendering
Producing hangs at 28%, CPU pegged at 100%, no further progress for 30 minutes, use Task Manager to End Task.

Please let me know what you suggest next.

I have spent many, many hours putting together a 39 minute production with video, motion stills and a soundtrack. Upon completion, I have tried numerous times unsuccessfully in producing and creating a disk. The program hangs at the same point each time. Using Produce it hangs at 28% (11:25:26 minutes into the process) and in Create it hangs at 39% (during Producing Titles).

I am using an HP desktop with Duo CPU 2.2 GHz, 2.2GHz with 2 GB of RAM and have Vista Home Premium as my operating system.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to: