Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just wanted to say, thanks for the advice! I upgraded and produced my first DVD with little to no issues! PD6 is GREAT! I think they have really stabilized it since PD4, PD3 was good but I had the worst luck with PD4 & 5, glad to have a great version back!
Thank you Dafydd, I always appreciate your quick and informative responses, PD6 sounds great. Luckily I have received some Christmas cash so I should have PD6 up and running tonight.

Of course, should have thought about it before, Low quality video + enhancement (with PD) = low quality enhanced video.

Did want to check though, just to make sure!

I have improved my camera this year but only 1 CCD. Thanks again and have a Happy and Safe New Year.
I wanted everyone's opinion on upgrading to PD 6 from PD 5 Premium. My two main concerns are

The project file corruption issue, any better? This issue is very frustrating but at least with PD5 I know what I'm up against.

I noticed in v4 and v5 when applying a video effect there is a loss of quality, has this been fixed? By loss of quality I mean it appears more "pixelated" with an effect than without.

Let me know, thanks!
I wanted everyone's opinion on upgrading to PD 6 from PD 5 Premium. My two main concerns are

The project file corruption issue, any better? I can not remember if you could duplicate this but it is most frustrating and at least with 5 I know what I'm up against.

I noticed in v4 and v5 when applying a video effect there is a loss of quality, has this been fixed? By loss of quality I mean it appears more "pixelated" with an effect than without.

Let me know, thanks!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but basically there is no easy fix. I had a completely new project I was working on, it corrupted, I did all the usual tricks and still had to scan almost line by line looking for the "strange characters" till I found the ones causing the issue. I am really disappointed in this version of the product.
All -
I have been experiencing the problem with "broken file" as well, luckily this forum was crucial in my being able to repair my .pds file and continue working.

My file was corrupted like the previous post, the colorobject and the video_user_ori_filename had what appears to be inserted spaces for the "RG" letters. The "Value" should be VALUE = "RGB (0,0,0)"

I was able to quickly find them all by doing a search on (0,0,0)

What triggered my corruption, I believe, were some new captured video files from my Sony Digital Handycam, after I inserted them into my project, bam, the file was corrupt. I was able to duplicate this with a new project by first inserting old video files, saving, then trying to re-open, then repeat with the new video files. As soon as I used the new ones, it was corrupt, although once I fixed it, it seems to be saving correctly.

I will pass this on to support at cyberlink, hopefully they will have a patch for this soon. Thanks for all the help, hopefully this will help as well.
Go to: