Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
really hope someone has a solution, as I'm out of ideas. I sent this email to Cyberlink as well, but am awaiting a reply still..

My computer specs are:
I'm running Vista64 Ultimate
Intel e8400
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
8GB Corsair dominator 8500 DDR2 Ram
LG GGC-H20L SuperMulti-Blu BD/HD/DVD/CD drive

Problem 1 I encountered yesterday for the first time:

A disc with unsupported format in drive A:

I tried watching a Blu-ray movie and this is the error I get from PowerDVD. I tried a HD-DVD movie, same error. I proceeded to uninstall Powerdvd, re-boot, re-install, reboot and tried to play again... same error... I tried a registry roll-back (3 different ones from previous weeks) ... Same error... I applied the latest patch from cyberlink.. No dice... I uninstalled the LG drive, re-booted, re-installed... Same error...

I tried opening in WMP, and it just gives me the unsupported file type error.. I tried opening both discs again in Windows Media Center, and I get the No-decoder installed error, yet powerdvd is installed...

I'm stumped... Everything worked before, no hardware changes, no windows updates, no software changes.

Problem 2 is that if I open Power2Go burning software which used to work as well, it tells me that there is no burner in my system..

I tried running sfc /scannow and it didn't report any errors either.
Go to: