Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDvD 7.3 Stopped paying Blur-Ray and HD-DVD titles
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 21:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
really hope someone has a solution, as I'm out of ideas. I sent this email to Cyberlink as well, but am awaiting a reply still..

My computer specs are:
I'm running Vista64 Ultimate
Intel e8400
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
8GB Corsair dominator 8500 DDR2 Ram
LG GGC-H20L SuperMulti-Blu BD/HD/DVD/CD drive

Problem 1 I encountered yesterday for the first time:

A disc with unsupported format in drive A:

I tried watching a Blu-ray movie and this is the error I get from PowerDVD. I tried a HD-DVD movie, same error. I proceeded to uninstall Powerdvd, re-boot, re-install, reboot and tried to play again... same error... I tried a registry roll-back (3 different ones from previous weeks) ... Same error... I applied the latest patch from cyberlink.. No dice... I uninstalled the LG drive, re-booted, re-installed... Same error...

I tried opening in WMP, and it just gives me the unsupported file type error.. I tried opening both discs again in Windows Media Center, and I get the No-decoder installed error, yet powerdvd is installed...

I'm stumped... Everything worked before, no hardware changes, no windows updates, no software changes.

Problem 2 is that if I open Power2Go burning software which used to work as well, it tells me that there is no burner in my system..

I tried running sfc /scannow and it didn't report any errors either.
Kincaid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 12:39 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have the retail version of 7.3 Ultra and had no issues with the 7.3.4617 update. It plays my HD-DVDs and BluRay discs perfectly from my LG GGC-H20L drive.

You say you have the OEM version of PowerDVD 7.3 and I'm assuming you are referring to the 4617 update. You aren't the first person I've heard that has experienced this problem with this latest OEM update. At this point I have to believe that it's a bug with that OEM update that they released.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2008 22:01

Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Drive A/B are reserved for Floppy.
Probably there are some wrong of CL software to detect the DVD burner drive if you set your drive into letter A or B.
You can change the drive letter to other free ones.
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2008 14:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 OEM just stopped working as well. It says I need to update a critical component or some movies may not play correctly. I select OK and it sends me to Cyberlink's site to download. I download the 102MB file and when I run it, it says the file may be corrupt.

Cyberlink support said check for firmware updates for my drive and updates for Directx 10. Of course, both of these items are up to date. They also gave lengthy instructions on how to remove and reinstall. Haven't done this yet.

It pisses me off because no movies play now, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.

I am running Vista Ultimate.