Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Dafydd. EDITED

You mentioned that the next patch, which should be out very soon, fixes the svrt issue for the Sony HDR CX520

Is the 2220c patch the one you were talking about?
If so then I am afraid the svrt problem is not solved yet in this patch.
Or is there another patch coming

Until recently I used a Sony HDR-SR11.
SVRT in Powerdirector 8.00.2220 worked OK
(H.264 AVC 1920x1080i 25fps - 16.1 Mbps - 16x9 - Audio Dolby 5.1 48kHz 448Kbps)

System spec's:
Windows 7 - 64bit - 8GB Main Memory
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
Intel SSD 80GB sytem drive + other drives
Video : Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GHATI - Radeon HD 4850 - 1GB GDDR3

Now I have upgraded to a Sony HDR-CX520 and all at once SVRT does not work anymore - although the video specs are the same. So there seems to be a compatibility issue

Any advice ?

Thanks
My original clips are from Sony HDR-SR11 - 1920x1080 - Dolby Digital 5.1, 448Kbps - Average bitrate 16.15 Mbps

Normally SVRT does not work - everything is re-encoded which degrades the quality and results in an average bitrate of 14.35 Mbps.

The above mentioned solution works for me if I do not tick the Dolby Digital 5.1 box. But then the sound of the output file is degraded from DD5.1 with 448Kbps to Stereo 384Kbps.

If the DD5.1 box is checked then all segments are re-encoded

I can upload some files before and after rendering if needed
My experience:
Rendering AVCHD files from a Sony HDR-SR11 camera provides mixed results. This using the max settings of 14.800 bps for the average bitrate and 20.000 bps for the max bitrate.
Files with an average of 15.8 Mbps are trimmed and combined with SVRT without loss off quality. However files with a bitrate above 16 Mbps are not recognized by SVRT and the result when trimming and combining clips is a bitrate of 14.5 Mbps with much longer rendering times and subsequent loss of quality.
Would seem to be a simple change to the program to fix this
My experience:
Rendering AVCHD files from a Sony HDR-SR11 camera provides mixed results. This using the max settings of 14.800 bps for the average bitrate and 20.000 bps for the max bitrate.
Files with an average of 15.8 Mbps are trimmed and combined with SVRT without loss off quality. However files with a bitrate above 16 Mbps are not recognized by SVRT and the result when trimming and combining clips is a bitrate of 14.5 Mbps with much longer rendering times and subsequent loss of quality.
Go to: