Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Mitchell,

To answer your question, no error message.

I actually got Power Director 5 NE to work by right clicking the .mod file and using the "Open with..." action.

Kind of a round about way to make it work. Cyberlink's comment was classic when I asked about fixing my issues...here is one comment.

We do not have a copy of the customized CyberLink softwares shipped with JVC products. So, we suggest you to contact JVC to get a copy of the softwares.

How does the company that makes the software and distribute to vendors NOT have a copy of it.

They did send a couple pages of procedures to try and get it to work, remove this, turn off that, reload this. restart your computer, etc. etc., all to no avail. Which I don't understand, for a piece of software that came w/the camera and designed to work with this camera.

Whatta ya do? You get what you pay for...and I guess the camera cost me $$$.$$, the software is considered free. So there ya go.
I just purchased a JVC GZ-MG330 HDD camcorder. My last JVC camcorder just failed after years of good service. Anyway...I loaded the Power Cinema NE for Everio Ver 1.1, Power Producer 3.7 NE, and Power Director 5 NE Express from the bundled software disc that came with camera. The Power Cinema and Power Producer operate fine, but I can't get the Power Director to launch. This is my second attempt to get the software to run. I uninstalled and reinstalled in accordance with the instructions from this forum. Running win xp sp3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to: