Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saul, Once I installed Avivo Converter, everything was fine. It didn't work with all the steps you've taken as I did the same things you did. When I installed Avivo converter, all was well. Also,you can only enable GPU when converting to Mpeg2 and, I had to disable the preview for it to work. Hope this helps.
Kevin, I don't know if you got it working or not but this is what I did for it to, I guess..work. Avivo video converter had to be installed on my pc for the checkbox to be enabled.. Also, I had to turn off the preview for it to actually encode. I'm also using Vista x64. I basically did what Wunch had posted.
Wunch, thanks for the update and the answers. You pretty much nailed exactly what was going on here with our test. This is for sure nothing like transcoding 4 HD videos in about an hour as was somewhat claimed earlier last year. Maybe you have to work for Ati or Cyberlink to get that kind of performance. No offense to either company but I think this is truly sad.
Pet, thanks for the screen shot. Nice setup you have.My brother in law seems to have intermittent spikes of the GPU activity. But, the transcoding time wasn't good at all. 1 hour and 40 minute movie took a little over 3 hours to transcode in mpeg2 hd. Doesn't look promising or making me want to buy this stuff.
Wunch, can you let us know what operating system (Vista 32 or Vista 64) you're using along with the Catalyst Version and whether or not you have Avivo installed or not. Also, did you check CCC to see if your gpu is active?
okay, thanks I looked it up and found. Still doesn't show that the GPU in Catalyst Control Center is active. Oh well.
Where did you get the Avivo 8.12 converter file. I can't seem to find it?
Kevin, I feel your pain. This has been a nightmare when it comes to ATI and the Gpu transcoding issue. How many times have you heard "this time it's gonna work" yeah right. I'll have a heart attack if it ever does. I talked many people into buying and ATI card for this reason alone along with PD7. I've lost most of those friends LOL. Please Cyberlink. It's time for a real fix for this. P.S kevin, it doesn't work on my bro in laws pc either. GPU is just greyed out.
Thank you, sorry if this topic was already addressed.
I've read many times that PowerDirector will support GPU transcoding and, that the Radeon 4800xxx series will be used. I did read that PowerDirector now supports Cuda technology. I guess this mean there will be no support for ATI? I bought the Raden 4850 because I was under the impression that Cyberlink would be using ATI. Any info would be appreciated.
Go to: