Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVS Forum reports there's a Japanese web page for pre-sales of PowerDVD 9 to be released March 2. I will only upgrade if there's a money-back guarantee. If not I will have to try one of the competitors.
I've NEVER had a good experience with PowerDVD. On one computer that's connected via HDMI through an AV receiver, it's never worked. On the other, connected with HDMI direct to the TV and SPDIF to the receiver, the sound and video would lose sync, making the movie unwatchable. After various uninstalls and upgrades to the audio drivers, now I just get the "unsupported disc format" error. On a scale of 1-10, I would have to give it a 0, since it just has never worked right and has been a complete waste of money. Complete. Will have to try WinDVD, it's available at Costco which has a great return policy. If it doesn't work, I can at least take it back.
Go to: