Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest PDVD8 Patch
Robinson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2007 18:07 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The new patch posted STILL does not register the codecs!!!!!!!!!!

Support issue I raised with the new patch

"Ok, I managed to install the patch. However...in order for it work it MUST be run as Administrator which it did not used to need. However as soon as you try running without administrator it will never work again. If you try running as administrator again it has the same problems with the Codec and you need to re-install. So I got it working, however the problems with audio sync are 10x worse. A previous blu-ray, Mamma Mia, used to have bad audio sync problems at 24HZ, but with this update it now starts in the wrong language and flips between them all while playing until it settles on the correct one, it started in french, then another then english. When it finally settled on english it was approx 3 seconds out of sync. I have reverted to 2217 again as these patches are just making this product worse."
RGhost [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2007 04:24 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
With XP and the new patch, the codecs registering still not to windows registry.
Im running under Administrator.
ANTHONY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2008 20:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone successfully watched a dvd with this new patch? It's been ages since I viewed a bluray using PowerDVD 8 Ultra. I have gotten so use to the competition I am finding it difficult to give up the reliability and go back.
Vincent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 00:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've NEVER had a good experience with PowerDVD. On one computer that's connected via HDMI through an AV receiver, it's never worked. On the other, connected with HDMI direct to the TV and SPDIF to the receiver, the sound and video would lose sync, making the movie unwatchable. After various uninstalls and upgrades to the audio drivers, now I just get the "unsupported disc format" error. On a scale of 1-10, I would have to give it a 0, since it just has never worked right and has been a complete waste of money. Complete. Will have to try WinDVD, it's available at Costco which has a great return policy. If it doesn't work, I can at least take it back.
Graard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2008 19:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone have a link to 2217 being that this patch sucks?

Thanks
CardinalFang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2009 23:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
2217 patch can still be obtained at this link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/8/CyberLink.2217aU_TaRe38_DVD081201-06.exe

Hope they fix this problem soon.
Graard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2008 19:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you
rxb216 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 23:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hmmm, i installed build 2521 on a laptop with a Sigmtec audio chip (Dell M1710 laptop) updating from build 2217, after the update, the "speaker environment" only shows SPDIF and the other choice is blank.

Something is very wrong with 2521, because when I wentr back to build 2217 all my original speaker choices are back, i will certainly stick with 2217 for now
Tup3x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 15:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
MP4 splitter seems to be broken (never able to play MP4 files outside PowerDVD), H.264 codec (and others too) does not register. Also Avast! reports that some files are infected by virus. Currently I use the 2217a build because H.264 codec works outside PowerDVD but MP4 splitter doesn't, which sucks. I'm starting to think that this upgrade was a mistake, H.264 and MP4 splitter worked fine in PowerDVD 7. I buy TotalMedia Theater next time if Cyberlink does not fix these problems.
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I made the mistake of down loading the latest upgrade 2521, and now have NO player at all!!
During the installation my Avast antivirus detected two Win 32 Trojan viruses from this download.
This was a direct download from Cyberlink's download page.
This is a total outrage!!!
Needless to say I had to do a complete uninstall. Now I don't have my previous version which was working just fine, and all my settings are gone as well.
I had a hell of a time getting my audio to work using a SPDIF optical connection to my Creative SB X-Fi Titanium sound card.
I was only getting intermittent Dolby Digital and DTS playback.
Took me a long time to tweak the settings to get this to work properly.
Now I have to start all over again.

This upgrade process totally SUCKS!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2009 10:39

Tup3x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 15:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I made the mistake of down loading the latest upgrade 2521, and now have NO player at all!!
During the installation my Avast antivirus detected two Win 32 Trojan viruses from this download.
This was a direct download from Cyberlink's download page.
This is a total outrage!!!
Needless to say I had to do a complete uninstall. Now I don't have my previous version which was working just fine, and all my settings are gone as well.
I had a hell of a time getting my audio to work using a SPDIF optical connection to my Creative SB X-Fi Titanium sound card.
I was only getting intermittent Dolby Digital and DTS playback.
Took me a long time to tweak the settings to get this to work properly.
Now I have to start all over again.

This upgrade process totally SUCKS!!
Avast did not pick up anything when I installed this but when it actually tries to use those files Avast blocks them and that makes using some features impossible. This so sucks, worst update ever. Even their MP4 splitter is worse and does not work as well as in PowerDVD 7. I can't watch (or listen) any MP4 video or audio (aac, m4a, mp4).
HDFan1080 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2008 01:52 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
After downloading patch 2521 direct from the Cyberlink site, Trend Micro PC-Cillin gives a virus warning with these details:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=Cryp_Opet-3

Whether this is a real threat or another heuristic scan lemming, I don't know.

I can't believe the situation is getting worse instead of better. The last version of Power DVD 8 Ultra that worked with blu-ray and I am still using is 1830. Tech support has acknowledged the problem, but I obviously won't be installing this latest potentially infected patch, which PC-Cillin has long since quarantined anyway. Sheeeeshhhh........
Vincent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 00:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
AVS Forum reports there's a Japanese web page for pre-sales of PowerDVD 9 to be released March 2. I will only upgrade if there's a money-back guarantee. If not I will have to try one of the competitors.
Neo Maxi Zoondweebi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2009 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar problem and I had to add:

cldabc.dll
cldabcd.dll
cldorz.dll
cldorzd.dll

in folder
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\VideoFilter

to the exclution list on my virus scanner to get it to function.

It was seeing them as a trogan called Packer.RLPack.D
so I took a chance and excluded them and it fixed it.

First class PITA though.

NMZ
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: AVS Forum reports there's a Japanese web page for pre-sales of PowerDVD 9 to be released March 2. I will only upgrade if there's a money-back guarantee. If not I will have to try one of the competitors.

Simply pay by Credit Card and if the product doesn't work, simply have your card company refund the charge. That's the easiest and safest way...

Regards!
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 18:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: All users beware, when I updated to this version I lost all blu-ray playback. The configuration options for audio were grayed out and not selectable. I managed to reinstall to the previous version and everything was ok so clearly and issue with the patch. Good work Cyberlink!

You are indeed correct. The latest patch actually kills all blu-ray playback! I deleted PowerDVD 8 Ultra and re-installed using the original download file, and did NOT install any "upgrade" patches. Guess what - all blu-ray discs play just fine now.

I will personally not download any new Cyberlink patches until I stop seeing literally hundreds of forum complaints about the problems these "upgrades" are causing.