Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had a lot of problems with PD7. My PC is the best available so the issue is on PD7. I bought it for HD movie production. What a mistake!!!!
Just one very good advice how to solve that terrible crashes of PD7 during producing mpg or DVD. First of all produce just mpg2 files.
It will crash somewhere for sure. Do not panic. This is great software because even though it crashes, it did something. Wow!!! You have some file created. Now you delete from you project that part which was created by PD7 and try to produce again the rest of the movie. You must repeat the process untill it "crashes" till the end. And afterall you have 4-5-or 6 files which you import into Pinnacle 12 software and there you can join them together, add some more effects. And when you are finished the last thing you'll have to do is uninstall Power Director 7 and forget about it. My hair got almost grey when working with PD7. I did everything they recomend to solve the problem. Nothing helped. I am not doing advertisement for Pinnacle 12, but I really can compare a lot of movie producing softwares. And I must asure you that PD7 (for High Definition) is the worst one. The previous PD6 was OK, but it was not used for HD. So sorry guys. They (Cyberlink guys) wanted to be top and they released new version PD7 without testing. I bought all versions from PD4,PD5,PD6 (they worked OK) and PD7 (this was completely worthless).
Go to: