Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I work with short clips pieced together. And I am so sick of playing hide-and-seek with this playhead and having to spend half my time opening and closing the Russian nesting dolls of a menu system every time I have to move to a different clip.

Holy crap this is a workflow disaster.

Alas, I have been told it is not possible to downgrade to the previous version, which worked reasonably well for me.

It's occurred for years on and off, it's just not stable. Even recently this guy found it better to turn off, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17188.page#post_box_446202

It really does not add much time, Ctrl Shift s vs Ctrl s for normal save and then add a increment number to file name, maybe a few seconds. Just do it periodically, not every save. Much more reliable and less time consuming than going through autosave folder seeing which one will load correctly when the issue happens.

No user only way to easily and conveniently roll back the PD365 version, you're at CL's mercy.

Jeff

I just sat down to re-do the work I lost earlier today, followed your advice by saving as new files a few times. Thanks for the advice, and sorry for the skepticism. Once I got it into my rhythm, it was not an issue.

Thanks for the help.

I'd probably try the opposite, turn autosave off and learn to manually save often and periodically save with a project ID number tacked on the end of the project name so you have your own recovery history. These pds files are very small so no worry about storage space being used. When done editing and project is complete, delete your pds history files that have been created along the way.

I've seen too many cases prior that autosave causes issues in large projects with complicated timelines and have not used it in years. Better being in control vs poor automation.

Jeff

I DO save often, but it does no good when the file that has been saved is totally blown out of the water. I mean, there is nothing there. It is completely gone.

Are you saying to keep saving it often and create a new file each time? I understand that, but I really don't want to start adding time-consuming tasks to my workflow. That's just replacing one time waste with a different time waste.

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered? I believe this is something that started happening with the most recent update download. Is there a way to uninstall and roll back this last update without screwing up the projects I have completed?
About three times in the past couple of weeks, I'll be working on a project (Windows PC), save it frequently. And then when I do a Save and then close the file, a few seconds will go by and I will get the message that the program has crashed and prompt me to send a logfile.

And then later when I try to open the project I was working on, there is nothing there. All I can get is a fresh project screen. The project file is dead.

I go to retrieve the last autosave in the hidden AutoSave folder, and the past half-dozen or so instances are dead. I usually find one that does have the project saved, but usually it's long before a lot of the recent work was done.

And I have to go re-do hours worth of work.

What is going on? This is unacceptable. Can someone please shed some light on what may be happening here?

I did the whole uninstall, reinstall routine of the program, but that has not fixed the problem.

Thanks you for your help.
Go to: