Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Daniel,
I screwed up and posted a PM.

I have this problem with my HD footage from my Canon HV20. Never got the capture working well. I had some help from the PD7 folks, see post : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4074.page

I use HDVsplit to captute my HD footage and then bring it into PD7. Sorry to say it's only a workaround.
Hi JL,

I use a capture program that produces M2ts files. I just rename them to MPG and PD7 imports and edits them fine. If you have a lot of files you might want to invest in a re-naming program that you can get online. WIKI has this defining them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.m2ts.
Dafydd worked on it for/with me to no avail. The only work around I found is use HDSplit (free download) and import the files into PD7. The HDsplit creates M2T files which I rename so PD7 will import w/o issue. Does the HV20 capture great HD?
Yes, thanks.

I saw his post but, no answer yet. I've read many posts from many forums that had the same problem.

Still no answer from Cyberlink TECH OR FORUMS. Only workaround I found is to use hDSplit and importing the files into PD7.

Just purchased the PD 7 Ultra today because of the HD ability.

Capturing begins with slight hesitation, capture continues normally BUT, about every 5 -10 seconds various frames freeze/jump for a split second, or become pixilated for a split second; throughout the capture. If it was only one or two times I’d edit it out, but it is the entire footage. I’ve tried many PD 7 setting changes, capture on different drives, etc.

Capture is HD footage from a Canon HV20- Play/out setup 1: playback-HVD, 16:9, set to output: Auto,16:9, Play/out setup 2: comp out 1080i, DV Output-HDV/DV
PD 7 Ultra recognizes my HD HV20 camera fine. Final on Blu-Ray player is very clear & sharp - but video retains freezes, jumps & pixleations.

I’m using a brand new HP 5000t, Vista Home Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, Nvdidia Geforce 9500 GS, two 500 Gb hard drives.

Kent
Just purchased the PD 7 Ultra today because of the HD ability.
Capturing begins with a slight hesitation and then the capture continues normally BUT, about every 5 -10 seconds the frame freezes for a split second, or becomes pixilated for a split second, throughout the capture. If it was only one or two times I’d edit it out, but it is the entire footage. I’ve tried to capture on each drive, thinking it may be a SATA thing.
I’m also capturing HD footage from a Canon HV20- Play/out setup 1: playback-HVD, 16:9, set to output: Auto,16:9, Play/out setup 2: comp out 1080i, DV Output-HDV/DV
PD 7 Ultra recognizes my HD HV20 camera fine and I’m using capture preferences (unsure if this is correct): Unchecked-enable Cyberlink MPEG@best, Checked- do not detect scenes, Tried capturing to each drive
I’m using a brand new HP 5000t, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, Nvdidia Geforce 9500 GS, two 500 Gb hard drives.
Go to: