Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture problem...
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2009 12:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been working on this for about a week in PD 7 and am hoping someone can help. I've searched the forum and internet a LOT and can't figure it out.

I'm trying to capture HDV from my XH-A1. Playback on the camera is fine, playback in the preview window is fine, but when I press record to capture I get major jumps and lost frames (like Max Headroom). When I step through frame-by-frame where the hang-ups are it is the same frame for a few to as many as 20 frames.

At first I thought it may be the capture card, so I bought another (FireWire PCI) card. Same problem. Then I turned to software. I downloaded a trial of Vegas Studio - it works PERFECTLY! But I paid for PowerDierector so it'd be nice for it to work. It is unusable now...

I have a Dell Dimenison 4700 with 4 GB RAM
P4, 3.4 GHz
Windows XP Pro
Capturing to USB Passport, but have tried internal drive as well

Any help is really appreciated...

Dan
Kent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2008 21:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,
I screwed up and posted a PM.

I have this problem with my HD footage from my Canon HV20. Never got the capture working well. I had some help from the PD7 folks, see post : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4074.page

I use HDVsplit to captute my HD footage and then bring it into PD7. Sorry to say it's only a workaround.