Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you.

Firstly, yes there was an autosave file that I was able to retrieve. I have applied all the updates and updated PD17 to version 5003 as instructed and I managed to retrieve the project with only about 5 mins worth of the final edits missing (an easy fix).

Thanks for the detailed response and hopefully a valuable lesson has been learned.

Greatly appreciate your assistance.
Hi all

Any help would be appreciated.

I have PowerDirector 17 that my son uses for his YouTube videos and school video projects. After completing a short video for a school video competition, he played the whole video for me in the preview window, in timeline mode, and just before he was about to produce it the whole program just froze. Turns out he never saved the project. About 7 hours worth of work and the video has to be submitted by the end of the day. I have tried everything hoping the program would figure it out and unfreeze but no luck. I have also searched the Forum for other posts also without luck.

Windows error message says "PowerDirector 17 is not responding".

I am hoping that someone might be able to assist me with saving the temp files for the project, so I can restart PowerDirector and then reload the temp files to save the project, so he doesn't have to start again.

SR_No VDE190110-01
SR_Ver 17.00.252914
Screen shot attached
DxDiag file attached.

Thanks
Go to: