Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

We all understand how frustrating it is when things don't go to plan, but please bear in mind that this is a user to user forum, hosted but not directly monitored by CyberLink, and that if you feel other users can help your particular issue then you need to provide sufficient information to enable them to do that.

Please also bear in mind that all users answering questions do so as volunteers, giving of their time and experience. No-one should expect an answer to their query or issue, and no-one is under an obligation to help.

So, by all means post your issue, ask for assistance and feedback your own findings or whatever, but no-one can help if you don't provide sufficient information. We try to discourage using the forum as a social media platform, just to vent or opine, because it can so easily make a forum an uncomfortable place for many folk.

Optodata has indicated some preliminary steps to help you gain help from others.

PowerDirector Moderator

I was not directing my frustration at that person. I specifically said powerdirector needs to fix it. Also if I was still using PD I would provide a clip and more specifications but I am not so there is no need for that. I provided my own feedback on the issue, that is all. I was simply replying with my experience and feedback. Yes I did add some frustration towards the user and not also you but 90% of it was directed towards my frustration with PD, not any specific person or user. End of discussion. Have a great day!
Quote Ok. This has nothing to do with how powerful your PC is, but if it isn't configured correctly or doesn't have the proper codecs or other support software installed then PD may not work properly with some specific clips.

If you change your mind and would like your fellow editors to help try and figure out what's going on, please post back with the requested items. You can also contact Cyberlink directly for tech support from this page.

Okay well thats what it sounded like you were saying. Also the average user is gonna have no idea what you are talking about as far as codecs and stuff. I barely do myself. PD should come with a package or at least a pop up or something, some way to let the user know that they have to install that stuff and provide at the very least a link to download and install it or like instructions on how to do that. No average computer user is gonna know how to do that and they shouldn't have to look up online on how to fix this problem. Clearly other video editing software has figured out how to make there shit so this issue does not happen so yes it is PD's problem and they need to fix this or find some way to let users know and how to fix it with clear instructions during the install.
Quote Unfortunately the issue is with your computer and/or the specific clips you're working with.

In order for anyone to help we'll need some more detailed information. To start, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results as described there. Please also tell us the exact version of PD you're running.

It would also help a great deal to have a sample clip to examine. If it's smaller than 100MB you can use the Attachments button (like you'll need to do for the DxDiag results), but if the clip is larger than that you'll have to upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here.

See this FAQ for more details.

I assure you it is not my computer. I have a top of the line computer and I just installed a different video editing program and it worked perfectly fine with no issues. On powerdirector the video would play fine but as soon as I made a second cut the video would go blank but the audio would still play. I tried every solution I could find and nothing worked. I uninstalled and downloaded a different video editor and everything worked fine. It is literally an issue with power director. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
2021 and this issue still exists...has this been resolved yet? please i have followed every known solution and nothing has worked. Please help me.
Go to: