Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I purchased PD14 primarily because of its advertised capability to smart render video output. While in general I feel it is an excellent program, the severely limited number of codec/resolution/bitrate combinations that are truly supported was a major disappointment. On top of that, 10%-15% of those few projects it does attempt to smart render come out unplayable in anything other than PD14 itself. The GOP's on either side of every transition drop to 18 or 20 fps leaving a choppy unwatchable mess. It even produced 1 or 2 where the entire video was that way. I've had no success trying to correct that with other software.
I would consider spending another $100 upgrading if PD18 offers an improvement in those two respects (increased number of SVRT profiles supported and the functionality of same). Does it?
Am I correct that 18 is the last version compatible with Win7? Thx!

ETA: Just found the answer to my Win7 question. Mods, feel free to move this to PD19 forum and modify the subject accordingly if you wish. Or not and simply address PD19 here if there's a difference.
Go to: